Face it. When we don't get enough beauty sleep, it shows. Boy, does it show.
Our under eyes may be swollen, puffy, discolored. Our face sallow, uneven, and dehydrated. Certainly, we have enough creams and makeup to fake a good nights sleep, but there just is no replacement for the real thing.
8 hours seem like a lot, but as an adult, that is what both our mind and body need to function well. Here are a few tips for a better nights sleep.
- Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each and every night, even on the weekend.
- Soothe yourself to sleep by taking a warm bath before bed, reading a book, or listening to mellow music.
- Keep your bedroom cool, dark, and as quiet as possible. Turn the TV off and make sure music is turned down. An eye mask and ear plugs work well.
- Finish eating or drinking 2 - 3 hours before you go to bed, especially avoiding caffeine, nicotine, or alcohol.
- Wear loose, comfortable bed clothes.