Every now and then I come across a product or see something new that I cannot wait to tell you about. Many times, they are just little bits of beauty news, nothing that could fill up a whole post. So I had this idea to pop on every now and again, like I would over on Twitter (do you follow me on Twitter? @beautyblogger, and write about these fun beauties, I have discovered, seen or heard. And if there is a rant now and then, please forgive me - but, like you, I sometimes might find some beauties that might just be, well, absurd.
- I went to the MAC Holiday collection preview earlier this week. I can't wait to share the whole line with you. The collection is beyond gorgeous, and I want just about everything in it. Really! The bags are adorable, the colors are amazing, and I love the new little face palettes. The collection is called Magic, Mirth and Mischief, and it will be available next week. I'll put up photos and more info soon, so be on the lookout for that.
- Being that it is October and it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I am proudly wearing a pretty pink ribbon everyday, are you? More importantly, I made my yearly mammogram appointment today. I usually do it on my birthday, but the appointment got cancelled and I never rescheduled. If you have not had your annual mammogram and are over 35, make the appointment today.
- I am obsessed with a nude lip lately. Well, maybe a pinky nude lip. I am using two lip products to get my perfect shade. I start with a L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fairest Nude. It is a very moisturizing pink based nude with a ton of staying power. It is not exactly matte, but as I really like a shine to my lips, I top it off with MAC Lipglass in Runway Fave. It is a nude frost, with a hint of pink pearl to it. Look for it with the Trend F/W '09 Collection.
- I've had it with my eyelashes lately. They have become more sparse - ah, the joys of getting old, and as much as I crave fuller, longer lashes, I am sort of afraid to try Latisse. In the meantime, I have been on the hunt for eyelash extensions, but there is no one within 60 miles of me that does them. It really makes me crazy, as I keep hearing about how great they are and have no problem splurging on them and getting the touch-ups every few weeks. Until then, I am going to settle for learning how to apply fake eyelashes and add a few minutes into my beauty routine for them. I don't know where to start though. Any suggestions?
- Does anyone else think that gum should be banned? I find it a disgusting habit, especially when I see an otherwise beautiful person chomping away or worse, snapping that gum. It really isn't attractive - AT ALL. Pop a breath mint if need be, but chewing gum is so not a beautiful habit.
If you have any little bits of beauty you would like to share with me and the rest of the BMS readers, please do so in the comments (link above, under the title).