Seriously, I cannot believe that it is April 1st already (btw - Happy Birthday to Cindi, my beautiful sister of The Fragrance Fanatic!. It seems like I just rang in the new year.Times certainly does fly when you are having fun - we are having fun, aren't we?
Anyway, next month on May 1st, the winners will be announced for the CEW Beauty Insiders Choice Awards.
The finalists were announced a few weeks ago. As we know that these products represent some of the best beauty products on the market today, I thought I would take the month of April to break each category down, product by product. Starting tomorrow and on most days of this month (I think there are 28 categories), I will highlight each finalist product, by category, so you can learn more about them. Then you can really decide if you need to add them to your *must try* list. As long as you do not get mad at me when your list gets long, we will all be good!
I also don't think I mentioned who the finalists were in the Indie Beauty Awards.
To be eligible to enter the Indie Beauty Awards a company must:
- Manufacture beauty products
- Have first introduced products in the US in 2004 or later
- Be neither wholly or partially owned by a larger company
- Have not already won an Indie/Enterprising Beauty Award
This years finalists are:
- Darac Beauty - I have honestly never heard of this brand. I must do some research on it and now.
- Rx for Brown Skin - I have heard of this line and have heard some bloggers rave about this line, made specifically for the skin care needs of women of color.
- Living Proof, Inc. - I reviewed one of the Living Proof products and fell hard for how wonderful it works to keep the hair frizzies at bay.
- Mally Beauty - Who doesn't love Mally? She is a doll. While I have tried just a few of her makeup products, I really want to learn more and try more from her.
- NIA 24 - This is a newer skin care line that works with a lot of science based on niacin. This one is only sold by Physicians, and while I could probably benefit from using some of it's products, I have yet to.