When I first heard about the brand new MAC Cosmetics Flamingo Park Collection for spring I was immediately excited because A - I read it was pink pink and I love me some pink and B— the theme is flamingo and I am all about the pink flamingo. I travel to South Florida quite often; it's my second home and I've been obsessed with pink flamingos for as long as I can remember. It's as if this spring color collection was made for me. Just one glance at the fun pink shades and you are drawn in and hoping that spring (if not summer) will be here soon. It is very resort-like.
"Plunge into the punchy pleasures of pink in a freshly made batch of scrumptious colours that let you have your cake, and wear it too. Glisten pretty on a sunny day with Powder Blush, a fun way to bring delicious colour to your cheeks. Paint it pink and get your just desserts anytime, but be ready to share!"
The collection is a big one with almost everything pink except for the large nine pan eyeshadow palette that offers some really bright shades to go along with the rest of the look.
- Bird’s Eye View - Hot magenta (Satin)
- Flock & Roll - Light pastel pink (Matte)
- Sushi Flower - Pinky coral with pink shimmer (Satin)
- Elegant Friend - Dirty lavender (Veluxe Pearl)
- Weirdly Wonderful - Royal blue with light blue pearl (Veluxe)
- Naturally Fabulous - Warm mid-tone brown (Matte)
- Flounce - Chalky white pink (Matte)
- Glamour Light - Soft lemon yellow (Satin)
- Floridazzle - Soft lime green (Satin)
Technakohl Liner - $16.50
- Purple Dash - Intense aubergine
- Raisinette - Brown purple
Pigment - $22
- Rose - Rose with copper sparkle
- Golden Olive - High frosted green-gold
- Tan - Muted pinky brown bronze
Powder Blush - $22
- Life’s a Picnic - Hot reddish pink (Satin)
- Pink Swoon - Soft yellow baby-pink (Satin)
- Let’s Be Friends - Blue hot-pink (Satin)
- What I Fancy - Soft bright apricot (Satin)
- This Could Be Fun - Soft violet-purple (Satin)
- Spring Flock - Light bright coral (Satin)
- Oh My! - Reddish mid-tone coral (Satin)
Beauty Powder - $22
- Pearl Blossom - Light pink with silver pearlized pigments
- Sunny Surprise - Soft peach
Lipstick - $17
- Flocking Fabulous - Bright coral-red (Cremesheen + Pearl)
- Please Me - Muted rosy-tinted pink (Matte)
- Nice to Meet You - Deep pink-red (Cremesheen)
- Be Silly - Hot fuchsia pink (Matte)
- Long Legged & Fabulous - Soft baby pink (Cremesheen + Pearl)
- Silly - Bright white-pink (Matte)
- Saint Germain - Clean pastel pink (Amplified)
- Have Your Cake - Bright magenta (Matte)
- The Fashion Flock - Bright pink-coral (Matte)
Cremesheen Glass - $20
- Such Sweeties - Pastel baby pink
- Look Who’s Here! - Soft pink with blue pearl
- Sweet Tooth - Warm mid-tone pink
- Petite Indulgence - Bright blue-pink
- Playful Petal - Electric magenta
Lip Pencil - $16.50
- Chic Trick - Amped-up fuchsia
- Embrace Me - Vivid pinkish fuchsia
- In Synch - Bright yellow pink
Studio Nail Lacquer - $12
- Miami - Warm pink coral
- Spoonful of Sugar - Soft pink glitter with pink pearl
The lip shades are must haves for me. From the Lipstick to Cremesheen Glass, take your pick, you simply cannot go wrong if you are into any shade of pink. These are all extremely wearable and complementary for all skin tones.
I have two of the Matte Lipsticks in Be Silly, a matte hot pink, and Have Your Cake, a matte blue-pink, almost purple shade. While these are not my typical shades, I find Be Silly a beautiful fuchsia shade that wears really well for a matte shade. I think I rather one of the lighter pink or coral shades like The Fashion Flock, Long Legged & Fabulous and Please Me, all of which I just ordered.
For the Cremesheen Glass, I just love the formula. This gloss offers just the right amount of shine that lasts longer than your average lipgloss, which one me is probably three to four hours. The formula is really creamy with a nice touch of pigment to it, depending on the color of course. I have Such Sweetness, which is a barely there baby pink that just adds a touch of pink to the lips. I like this one dotted in the center of my lips to add fullness to my put. I also have Petite Indulgence which is a really bright blue-pink. This one looks beautiful layered over Have Your Cake or on its own for a bit of a more sheer brightly colored lip.
For the face I have Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder which is a nice light pink highlighter as it has a bit of silver pearlized pigment in it. If used lightly, it looks pretty when the light catches it. I am probably most surprised by What I Fancy Powder Blush because I am loving this. It is a gorgeous sort of soft, sort of bright coral shade. It is what I would describe as the inside of a not so ripe watermelon and it looks just so pretty on my skin as long as I use a light hand. I layer it over a bit of bronzer and it is just absolutely stunning. I really cannot express that enough. I can only imagine how nice it will look over self-tanner, tanned or a darker skin tone.