I received some great self-tanning tips from New York City's SAVA Spas' owner Joanna Czech. This celebrated esthetician offers her self tanning Do's and Don'ts to achieve the perfect tan - the safe way!
Now, the Kardashian Sisters are always glowing and you know you want to look like that too.
- Exfoliate Entire Body First concentrating on ankles, toes, fingers, elbows & knees
Czech recommends: Nuxe Foaming Scrub
- Dry off completely
- Apply a small amount of product to avoid streaking. (Better to reapply than to over apply)
Czech recommends: Lancome Flash Bronzer for the Body and Babor Self Tanning Lotion for the Body
- After applying to the sensitive areas (ankles, toes, fingers etc…), lightly brush over with a towel to remove excess product.
- For the face, use a self tanner that is made for the face (Face products tend to have a lighter texture than ones for the body)
Czech recommends: Babor Self Tanning Cream for the Face
- Wear loose, dark clothing afterwards
***Incase you mess up, have a tint remover for hair accessible (you can purchase in a beauty
supply store), they work well for quick removal
***If tanning for a certain event (ie. wedding, vacation, etc.), plan your tanning schedule
backwards from that date to be sure your sun-kissed look will be perfected in time!
- Don’t wait for the day before a big event to try self tanning. Each person reacts differently and turns a different color
- Avoid exfoliating with scrubs that contain essential oils as they may leave a film on skin.
- Don’t mix lotion with your self-tanner
- Don’t forget your ears
- Don’t exfoliate for 1 week after applying
- Don’t workout the day of application
- Don’t shower 6-8 hours after applying
SAVA Spa regularly treats celebrities like Kyra Sedgwick, Uma Thurman, Sting, and more. SAVA Spa is located at 211 Pinehurst Ave. New York, New York. If you are in the city or visiting soon and want to make a Spa visit part of your trip, call 212-543-0008 to book one of the fabulous treatments they offer.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.