Did you know that you can be sensitive to nail polish? I am not talking about the paint or fumes; I am talking a very serious skin sensitivity to nail polish, and it is not around or even near the nails. The most common place to be sensitive to nail polish is the eyes. I never even realized this until I read that nail enamel can cause irritation and even contact dermatitis on the the skin around the eyes. If your upper or lower eye lids ever get red or swollen, it is probably due to your nail polish. Yes! I was just as shocked. Knowing that on average we touch our eyes about 200 times a day, it makes total sense.
As an allergy tested and 100% fragrance free cosmetic brand, Clinique scientists challenged themselves to develop a nail enamel formulated to minimize unwanted reactions to the nails, and skin and eyes. It took over six years to develop, bit they created on and it is a first in the nail polish industry. Meet Clinique A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skins.
The formula is not only proven to be safe on women with both sensitive skin and sensitive eyes, the formula is wonderful. It is beautifully balanced to maintain a high shine and streak free application, and of course, being quick drying. It is even chip resistant and lasted seven days with minimal wear in my recent test.
I like the thin, flat brush to allows for controlled and even saturation. Two coats is all I need and my nails are complete.
There are 12 permanent colors (with very recognizable product names) in the collection, pictured above, along with nine limited edition colors, picyired below, that are perfectly on trend for spring and summer. There is also a base and top coat to make sure the whole manicure is safe for sensitive skin.
- Call My Buff - glossy yellow nude
- Sweet Tooth - glossy pastel pink
- Fizzy - metallic rose gold
- Hi Sweetie - glossy bright pink
- Really Rio - glossy bright orange
- Happy ♥ - glossy bright red
- Red Red Red - glossy crimson red
- Party Red - glossy deep red
- Black Honey - glossy deep purple black
- Indie Rock - metallic deep bronze
- Concrete Jungle - a glossy light gray
- Made of Steel - metallic silver blue
Summer 2013 Limited Edition
- 70 and Sunny - glossy bright yellow
- Summer in the City - glossy watermelon
- Splish Splash - glossy bright blue
- Hula Skirt - glossy bright green
- Juiced Up - glossy bright orange
- Pinkini - glossy bright bubblegum pink
- Hot Date - glossy deep purple
- Strappy Sandals - metallic light silver
- Grape Ice - glossy bright purple
My pick for summer is Summer in the City. Check it out in my little photo shoot with my Clinique mani cam.
A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skins retail for $16.00 each and is available now at Clinique counters nationwide and online at clinique.com.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.