press sample, affiliate links
I am finally getting into the matte liquid lipcolor craze and for good reason: a matte lipcolor (when done right) has insane color payoff is usually very long wearing. The latest matte liquid lipcolor that I have been using is MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor and I am OBSESSED. MAC recently re-launched 15 best-selling shades of this popular liquid lipstick and it was the perfect time for me to finally try it.
MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor glides on the lips with a liquid finish but dries down quickly and stays exactly where you put it. I like to use a lip pencil first, and I am careful to stay within the lines. The finish is a soft, suede-like finish that is matte. This liquid lipcolor is very comfortable to wear; it is not drying and after a few minutes it feels like I am not wearing any lipcolor whatsoever.
Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor lasts until you remove it. I do notice a bit of fading as the day goes on (usually not for six hours or so), but at the end of the day, the shades need to be removed from the lips. To completely remove the lipcolor from lips, I use this cleanser.
I have eight of recently relaunched MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor including Burnt Spice, Café Be Chic, So Me, Topped With Brandy, Fashion Legacy, Dance With Me, Oh Lady and High Drama.
I prefer the bolder shades, such as Fashion Legacy, which is a perfect red shade that I was very comfortable wearing.
There are 31 shades in all, with 15 favorites that have been recently relaunched. The relaunched shades:
- Burnt Spice - Creamy Dirty Rose
- Lady Be Good - Warm Mid-Tone Nude
- Café Be Chic - Greyed Beige
- So Me - Greyed Plum
- Topped With Brandy - Deep Dirty Rose
- Tailored To Tease - Bright Fuschia
- Recollection - Intense Bright Violet
- Rich & Restless - Mid-Tone Pinky Salmon
- Quite The Standout - Bright Orange Red
- Fashion Legacy - Intense Fire Truck Red
- Feels So Grand - Deep True Red
- Dance With Me - Deep Cranberry Red
- Oh, Lady - Deep Wine
- Carnivorous - Blackened Red
- High Drama - Deep Dark Plum
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.