When shopping for a foundation with extra benefits, if moisturization is one of those you look for, look no further than this new miracle of a foundation from Bobbi Brown. It is called Extra Repair Foundation and it is my skins lifesaver as we move out from cold weather into more spring-like temperatures.
Really, this is a serious moisturizing treatment foundation that combines the intensive skin nourishing benefits of Bobbi's Extra skincare with daily sun protection and Bobbi’s signature skin tone correct coverage to create the perfect blend for skin. My skin is loving the smooth, even, yet natural looking coverage and I am loving the fact that I can use a lighter moisturizer underneath - that is how moisturizing this foundation is.
“This foundation is a miracle—in one product you get SPF, moisture and perfect coverage. It’s easy to apply and instantly makes skin look smooth and even.” --Bobbi Brown.
Extra Repair Foundation SPF 25 instantly gives skin a fresh, dewy and healthy looking glow. Over time, it also helps undo the visible signs of aging, smoothing out lines while firming and lifting skin’s appearance.
The benefits that your skin gets from the ingredients is pretty amazing too:
- A powerful peptide boosts natural collagen levels in skin while Carrot Extract helps reduce the look of fine lines and winkles. Over time, skin looks smoother, firmer, plumper.
- A water-in-oil emulsion packed with Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Willowherb and Evening Primrose Oils deeply moisturizes, conditions and replenishes skin.
- Shea and Muru Muru Butters strengthen skin’s natural barrier, improving its ability to lock in moisture and prevent future damage.
- Angelica and Chamomile Extracts calm and soothe skin.
- SPF 25 offers broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection while Vitamin E protects skin against damaging free radicals.
- Treated pigments deliver natural-looking, medium to full coverage and stay-true color that lasts all day without settling into lines or pores.
This comes in a full range of 20 shades, from Alabaster to Espresso. I am using the color Beige, which when I received it, I was afraid that the color was a bit too yellow and rich for my skin tone. I was wrong, as this applied beautifully over my fair skin and blended out with no yellow undertones visible whatsoever. You see, I have a lot of pink to my skin and too much yellow makes me very sallow looking. When I am self-tanning though, I love a more yellow foundation and use Bobbi's Skin Foundation in Natural during those times most often. I was thrilled that when I am fair as I am now, that this covered so beautifully.
To get the best coverage, I have found that applying it with my Sephora Advanced Airbrush Precision Foundation Brush gives me the ultimate finish. I dip the brush into the foundation and stipple it over my face, blending out when needed and where I need a bit more extra coverage.