By now, I am hoping that you all know the importance of sunscreen on a daily basis. I will admit that during the colder months when I am not outside, I rely solely on the sunscreen that is in my daytime facial and body moisturizers. When it is late spring and all throughout the summer, my routine changes up a bit, as I add in a higher sunblock. I am looking forward to testing out this popular formula from Clinique. It is their Super City Block SPF40.
Super City Block SPF 40 is for all of us who want a comfortable and lightweight texture in a sunscreen, which this one is said to have. It is also subtly tinted, oil-free, and a non-tacky formula that spreads easily and absorbs quickly. After applying, it leaves skin with a fresh, natural matte finish.
Not only does this heavy duty sunscreen contain a high sunblock of SPF 40, it is formulated with the strongest types of sun blocking agents and comes in an oil free formula. This is important for all skin types and even more sore in a sunscreen, as many are filled with oils to make them apply and last. Thankfully this one does not need the oil to work or last.
Exactly how does it work? Take a look at the list of ingredients and why they work so well in the formula:A combination of well-tested sunscreen agents, such as Titanium Dioxide and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, provide daily broad-spectrum gentle UVA and UVB protection.
- A powerful blend of anti-oxidants Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycyrrhiza (licorice) Extract and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate protects from oxidative stress and free radical damage.
- Helianthus Annus Seedcake (sunflower) helps repair the barrier function of the skin, which is particularly vulnerable during daily UV exposure.
- Mirror Technology, a unique optical micro-mirrored pigment technology, provides an instant and visible cosmetic improvement to the overall look and brightness of the skin.
- Gentian Extract, a soothing, calming botanical extract, suppresses irritation caused by the environment.
- Polyethylene acts as a shield that suspends sunscreens on the surface of the skin, minimizing penetration and potential skin irritation.
Clinique instructs us to use this after our skincare program, meaning after you finish you cleansing, toning, serums, eye creams and daily moisturizer, then you would apply City Block, then apply your makeup.
Clinique Super City Block also comes in a Sheer SPF25 version, but when it comes to my skin, I want all the protection I can get, so I opt for the higher. Each tube retails for $18.00 and can be found at Clinique counters as well as clinique.com.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Beautiful Makeup Search.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Beautiful Makeup Search.