One of my very first M·A·C foundations was Face and Body Foundation. I love the light and liquid texture. I could never wear it one it's own, because I need more coverage than that. But, I would use that and then Studio Fix Powder over it and my face was perfect. Anyway, it is a wonderful water based formula that is one of the best I have ever used. M·A·C actually has an entire line up of shades just for beautifying, contouring and perfecting the face; it is the new and updated Face and Body.
The collection includes the Face and Body Foundation shades, four new Pro Sculpting Creams and how exciting is this, Pressed Pigments!
Three formulas: Face and Body Foundation’s water-based, anti-oxidant-rich liquid goes on smoothly for up to 8 hours of natural-looking wear. Pro Sculpting Cream, in two original and four new limited-edition shades, creates dimension and definition using natural tones. Lightweight, soothing and vitamin-rich. New Pressed Pigment in six, limited-edition, pearlescent shades are creamy and highly concentrated. Apply dry for a subtle and sophisticated translucent finish or wet for high-shine, dramatic dimension.
Face and Body Foundtion - $27.00
C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, N1, N2, N3, N5, N7, N9
- 215 - Medium Shader - $25.00
- 163 Flat Contour - $35.00
Pressed Pigment - $21.00
- Light Touch - High pearl powder in W10
- Warming Heart - High pearl powder in NW20
- Day Gleam - High pearl powder in NC30
- Spot Lit - High pearl powder in NW35
- Beaming - High pearl powder in NC50
- Deeply Dashing - High pearl powder in NW55
Pro Sculpting Cream - $20.00
- Accentuate - Peachy beige
- Naturally Defined - Warm beige
- Pure Sculpture - Neutral pink beige
- Copper Beech - Warm golden brown
- Coffee Walnut - Deep dirty, cool brown
- Richly Honed - Warm deep brown
The Pressed Pigments are beautiful for highlighting the skin. I use Day Gleam, which is NC 30; my perfect foundation shade color.
I like to apply this with my index finger and do some quick and swift blending. I apply it right beneath my brow bone and then on the very tops of my cheekbones, like I would any highlighter. It starts off very sparkly, but looks beautiful and actually more subtle than one would think after my face is totally blended.
The shade Spot Lit is also beautiful, in a warmer, more pink tone.
All of the new Face and Body products are available right now at all M·A·C locations and online at maccosmetics.com