press sample, affiliate links
In case you haven't noticed when flipping through your favorite magazines or scrolling through your Instagram feed, metallic lips are all the rage right now. While most brands are jumping onto the bandwagon with lip gloss lanches, MAC brings us the ultimate metallic lip with the brand new MAC Metallic Lips collection. These new lipsticks are simply divine.
The new MAC Metallic Lips lipstick gives you a metallic, matte-pearl look if that makes sense. What MAC did was take a rich color base and combined it with a smooth pearlized chrome in copper, bronze and titanium infused shades.
Related: Top 10 MAC Cosmetics Must Haves
The lipstick itself feels luxurious as it glides onto the lips and they are scented with MAC's signature vanilla scent. As for pigmentation, the majority of these are sheerer than they look in the stick. Lips are left with a nice wash of metallic sheen to them.
MAC Metallic Lips shade lineup:
- Metal Head - blackened purple with multi-coloured pearl
- Act So Cool - deepened brown with gold metal pearl
- Zerocool - metalized emerald green
- Royal Hour - deep royal purple with blue pearl
- Foiled Rose - brightened blue pink
- Hades Fire - cool red burgundy
- Pale Rosé - cool muted neutral pink
- Modern Midas - muted gold with pink and green duo pearl
- Devotional - metallic purplish brown
- Cold Front - frosted periwinkle blue
- Silver Spoon - multidimensional silver
- In Lust - light warm neutral
- Digging For Gold - light brown with gold glitter
- Jupiter - bronzed neutral
- Pearly One - confetti’ed white frost
- Disobedient - deep burgundy red wine
- Nightly Ritual - blackened navy
- Anything Once - blackened blue with multi-coloured pearl
I like Pearly One over other cream lipsticks to turn them a bit pearly metallic; Digging For Gold is great to add some gold metal over an otherwise one-dimensional look. Digging For Gold is also my favorite lipstick to wear on its own.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.