I was going through a few things recently and ran across an original version of Beautiful Makeup Search from 2001. Yes, Beautiful Makeup Search began WAY BACK in 2001 when it was a little ole geocities site (I know you young folks don't even know what I am speaking of, but it was a community-like website before blogs existed). That makes this site 15 years old this year; that's a milestone! To celebrate, I want to do something special on the 15th of each month — like a giveaway!
Before I get onto the giveaway, and to sort of go along with the giveaway, I'm going to run down my favorite things, in fact, my 15 favorite beauty things.
These are the beauty products that I swear I use more than any other, the products I re-purchase and use multiple times a week.
1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser - I use this cleanser more than any other. It just simply and effectively removes every bit of my makeup (even stubborn waterproof eye makeup) without making my face feel dry or stripped. I have mentioned this product on the blog more than any other.
2. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer - This is my number one favorite concealer for using under foundation. It covers my undereye darkness, hydrates, plumps and never settles into fine lines. I sometimes use another concealer over foundation for brightness, but this is my go-to.
3. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - This is the best, natural looking, skin perfecting foundation that there ever was. I've tried countless foundations and while there are a great range of options at all price-points and I do like others with less coverage for everyday, when I want beautiful coverage, this is my must.
4. COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara - I use this more than any other mascara for everyday. I like it as my first coat or base coat before any other mascara, if I want to glam it up or more volume. This mascara truly allows me to layer on coat after coat without clumps or crunchiness.
5. NARS Laguna Bronzer - I use a bronzer each and everyday of the year to warm up my skin and as a little bit of contour. This bronzer is the perfect shade for my skin and it works on most. It is a nice warm brown with a subtle hint of gold shimmer that blends in nice with blush.
6. IT Cosmetics Your Brows But Better Brow Power Skinny Pencil - I go back and forth between powder and pencil, but when my brows are in their good full state, I use this pencil to fill in and shape where needed.
7. NARS Light Optimizing Primer - I like this makeup primer more than most. It helps to make my foundation go on more smooth and even and helps it last longer. I prefer the light optimizing primer for the bit of radiance and glow it adds to my skin. It's the bit of wow factor I need especially when I don't get enough sleep.
8. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - This is one of those things I apply like a part of my skincare routine. It evens out my skin tone on my eye lids, deepens the colors of my shadows, while helping them adhere to my skin better and locking them in all day. I simply don't put on my shadow without this.
9. Moroccanoil Treatment - I use two pumps (I buy the large bottle) of this miracle oil to my wet hair every time I wash and my hair is transformed. It literally takes care of frizz, aids in styling, smooths, and just makes my hair look shinier and better overall.
10. Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - This is my go-to eye cream. It has seriously reduced the fine lines and wrinkles under my eyes and I continue to use it. I love how it hydrates too. I only need a very small amount and I gently pat it in.
11. AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Lotion - I use this lotion twice a day on my skin to keep it hydrated. I like that it sinks into skin quickly and isn't scented.
12. Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer - This is my favorite blow dryer and if and when it quits, I'll definitely buy another. I don't quite know how to profess my love for a hair dryer, but it gets the job done quickly, without frying my hair or frizzing my tresses. It's lightweight, has the heat settings I need and gives me a blowout that looks like I just stepped out of the salon every time.
13. Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo - This dry shampoo has the infamous Moroccanoil scent and extends the time between regular hair washing's. I love that it adds a ton of volume to my hair and leaves no residue behind.
14. MAC Huggable Lipstick - This hybrid lipstick feels like a lipstick/balm/gloss and finally became permanent to MAC this year. I appreciate the fact that I get the look of a creamy gloss with just one swipe of this lipstick.
15. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment - I don't go to bed without using this ultimate lip treatment that softened and conditions my lips. There really isn't anything that compares to this. One tube lasts about four months and it is so worth it.
Win a $150 eGift Card from Sephora
Now, it's your turn. I need you to tell me some of your favorite beauty things. And for doing so, you'll be entered for a chance to win a $150 eGift Card from Sephora. Enter in the widget below.