It's not officially summer for me until I have fallen for the MAC summer collection and I am here to say that I have officially fallen for this years collection called the MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection. With its' boxes and containers affixed with what seem to be water droplets in the must see teal packaging to the luminous finishes of the bronzers, blushes, shadows, lipsticks and lacquers, I am taken with it all. MAC has outdone themselves once again all around, though I am obsessed with the packaging -- downright obsessed. You have to see it and feel it in person to appreciate it.
"Eyes take on a subtle radiance in tarnished olive, seafoam and darkened plum Extra Dimension Eye Shadow, lined with the pearlized black of Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner. Luminous Extra Dimension Blush gives cheeks a goddess glow and nails glisten in aquatic chrome. Lipstick, Lipglass and Lip Pencil feature dark, mystical violets and ice-cold pearlized nudes. Limited edition teal packaging, elegantly accented with sheer water droplets, leaves you totally seduced by the sea."
The MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection includes the following products:
Lipstick - $17.50
- Siren Song - Sheer pale beige (Lustre)
- Pet Me, Please - Light shimmering mauve (Frost)
- Enchanted One - Mid-tone neutral pink (Matte)
- Mystical - Mid-tone creamy rose (Cremesheen)
- Goddess of the Sea - Dark vibrant violet (Cremesheen)
Lipglass - $16.50
- Clear Water - Sheer nude with multidimensional pearl
- Peachstock - Creamy true nude
- Water Deities - Light bronzy pink
- Seducing Sound - Mid-tone plum bronze
- Modern Lure - Deep violet with pink pearl
Lip Pencil - $16.50
- What Comes Naturally - Light nude
- Half-Red - Soft burgundy
Extra Dimension Eye Shadow - $19.50
- Lorelei - Golden beige
- Sea Worship - Tarnished olive
- Silver Sun - Mid-tone dirty sea foam green
- Legendary Lure - Deep cerulean
- Fathoms Deep - Deep blue
- Soul Serenade - Deep plum brown
Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner - $17.50
- Black Line - Black with gold pearl
- Black Swan - Black with pearl
"Bronzing primers and powders set summer skin refreshingly aglow, as Extra Dimension Bronzer washes over the face with a subtle gleam and Bronzing Powder sculpts and highlights in gentle pearlized shades with a touch of shimmer. Limited-edition compacts in aquatic teal are elegantly accented with sheer water droplets."
Bronzing Powder - $27.50
- Refined Golden - Finely spun golden with soft pearl
- Golden - Muted golden tan-beige with shimmer
Extra Dimension Bronzer - $33.00
- Aphrodite’s Shell - Golden bronze with a touch of fine shimmer
- Delphic - Soft brick tan with a touch of fine shimmer
Extra Dimension Blush - $27.50
- Sea Me, Hear Me - Beige pink
- Seduced at Sea - Mid-tone neutral plum
Nail Lacquer - $17.50
- Submerged - Dark teal chrome
- Neptune - Tarnished gold
- Shimmerfish - Sparkling aluminum
- 127 Split Fibre Face Brush - $35.00
- 233 Split Fibre Eye Shadow Brush - $25.00
Makeup Bag - $35.00 (MAC Store Exclusive)
The stand outs of the collection out of all the products that I received go beautifully together. I really like the bronzer I received, Refined Golden. It's a longtime favorite MAC bronzer shade that is repromoted in this years summer collection again. Refined Golden is suitable to most complexions, with a deeper bronze with a hint of golden shimmer. It looks more shimmery, almost glittery in the pan than it does on the skin. Siren Song Lipstick is a lightly shimmery light beige shade that looks great with a tan, along with Seducing Sound Lipglass, a beautiful bronze. Finally, on my nails a lot this summer will be Shimmerfish. Shimmerfish is a bronzed aluminum like shade that is great to complement a glow as well.
I really want to get the makeup bag; I think it would make a great clutch too, don't you think?
The MAC Alluring Aquatic Makeup Collection is available right now at all MAC stores, counters and major department stores such as Macy's and Nordstrom now.