In the summer, I am more about minimal and more bronzy makeup. Sometimes, being all light and summery is not enough. I like to keep my looks on trend, especially when choosing eye makeup. I often get lost in trying to keep up with the trends, especially because I am privileged to get information months in advance. I do know that this summer is all about color-blocking, bright neon and citrus hues and of course, one trend I noticed at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week, fuller brows. Getting it right can be tricky. That is why I have some great advice from celebrity makeup artist Virginia Linzee. Check out her to tips for perfect summertime eyes for these trends, using some Mary Kay makeup.
Bold, color-blocked look: Transform everyday cat eyes with color-blocked patterns in bright citrus colors
- Brush Mary Kay Eye Primer only on the eyelid to help intensify the color payoff
- Follow with Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Lime on the inner half of the lid and brush out to the iris
- Apply Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle in a blocked cat eye, beginning at the iris and fanning upward and out toward the outer part of the eyelid, making this section as thick as the entire lid
- Curl lashes and apply Mary Kay Lash Primer, beginning at the root and brushing to the tip of the lashes
- Finish off with Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara in I ♥ Black
Dazzling winged style: Emphasize eyes with gorgeous shimmer and dramatic winged-liner.
- Begin with Mary Kay Eye Primer and follow with Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Golden Vanilla across the entire lid
- To highlight the eyes, tap a bit of Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Gold Coast on the center of the lid above the iris and to the inner corner of the eye
- Wing the outer corner of the top and bottom lid with Mary Kay Eyeliner in Bronze, blending Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle on top to slightly smudge and soften
- Apply Mary Kay Lash Primer to the top and bottom lashes, then add three coats of Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara in I ♥ Black
- Complement all looks with bold brows by applying Mary Kay Brow Gel and combing upward to help provide fullness and keep them in place. Fill in any sparse areas with Mary Kay Lash & Brow Building Serum.
To learn more about these products and to shop, visit marykay.com.
About Virginia Linzee:
Celebrity makeup artist Virginia Linzee credits her skill in makeup artistry to her previous experiences as a painter. In addition to her New York City celebrity clientele, Virginia has created the looks for top fashion shows, including Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and Anna Sui. She has also kept the faces of some of today’s top recording artists, including Cobra Starship and Drake, ready for the stage. Virginia enjoys working in Print/Editorial, Advertising, Runway, Television, and Film. Virginia has an exceptional ability to interpret individual personalities and ideas.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Beautiful Makeup Search.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Beautiful Makeup Search.