I don't know why I neglect my skin in the summer months. Well, I don't really neglect it, I just seem to obsess over it less often. I have my daily skin care routine and might do a mask every few weeks. Compared to weekly masks and peels that I usually do once or twice a week in the colder months, maybe I am really neglecting it. It is all about the self-tan, I swear. I work so hard at it that I am afraid to mess with it. Someone slap me! Self-tanning in itself needs the smoothest, most even skin possible. What have I been thinking?
I changed my ways this week and I am going to take care of my skin better. I started with this wonderful one-step at-home peel called The Brazilian Peel. It comes from a brand called Advanced Home Actives. Advanced is how I think of it, as The Brazilian Peel is the first ever professional strength self-neutralizing at-home glycolic peel.
You see, when it comes to glycolic peels, timing is everything. A truly effective glycolic facial treatment requires a perfectly timed neutralizer step to deactivate the potent active ingredient. Because many women don’t know how to navigate this delicate process, they leave the treatment to the experts or risk irritation, redness and sensitivity from peeling incorrectly at home. With this new peel, the two-step process is a thing of the past. The Brazilian Peel is a time-released glycolic treatment that takes the guesswork out of neutralizing by streamlining the peel into one mistake-proof step. It is also five times stronger than the average at-home peel. It is a clinically-tested, safe and effective treatment that unites professional results and at-home convenience.
Notice the applicator. It contains the peel on one side and the neutralizer on the other. All you have to do is push the plunger on the syringe like applicator to dispense both parts of the peel into the palm of your hand. Once squeezed out, simply blend the two together and you will feel the formula activate as it gets warm. I immediately applied the mixture to my face and neck and spread it over. You have to work pretty fast as the formula starts to get sticky. It felt a bit warm and only tingled for about twenty seconds, and it felt tighter as the time went on. I left it on per the instructions for ten minutes, which is when the neutralizer automatically kicks in. I then simply rinsed the peel off with cool water and noticed much more smooth, softer and radiant skin - immediately.
The process is simple and I cannot believe how much I like the way it made my skin look and feel, just after one peel. I plan on using The Brazilian Peel once a week in amongst my other treatments, and I am sure this will even better improve my skin.
The unique benefits of the powerful one-step, foolproof system include:
- Removing the upper layer of dead skin cells to reveal fresh new skin below
- Enhancing moisture retention and improving the efficacy of treatment products
- Hastening cell regeneration to bring fresh, new, soft skin to the surface
- Restoring skin’s elastin and collagen-building function to tighten, firm and plump skin
- Reducing the appearance of fine line, wrinkles, blemishes and dark spots
- Repairing and reversing sun damage, hyper-pigmentation, dullness, roughness and dryness
- Reducing the damaging effects of free radicals
- Soothing and calming via Magnesium and Sulfur
- Maintaining a radiant, youthful complexion with continued weekly use
- No redness or irritation
Also, clinical studies have demonstrated the following dramatic results:
- 89% of subjects found skin to look clearer
- 91% of subjects found their skin less oily
- 100% of subjects had improvements in skin brightness in at least one area of the face
- After just one treatment, skin was softer, smoother, brighter, firmer and better toned
- After four weekly applications, Brazilian Peel visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles
The Brazilian Peel is available at the Advanced Home Actives website and Sephora. A box that contains four weekly treatments (one month’s supply) is $78.00. Don't put a price tag on your skin when thinking about purchasing this peel, as it will thank you time and time again when using.
About the author: A savvy beauty expert, Teri Cosenzi is the creator of beautifulmakeupsearch.com. As a busy Mom to four, she is committed to finding makeup and skincare that simply works and works well. For 12 years, she has brought the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty news, reviews and beauty tips to the web. Teri lives, dreams and blogs beauty!
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search. Subscribe to our newsletter!