It is that time of year again gals - my favorite things. You know I love trying new products all the time, and I really do get hooked on many products. So much so that I recently started a "Current Favorites" section over in the sidebar. As it states, those are my current favorite beauty products that I am using. I do run into many favorites over the year. To be a true favorite though, and to make narrowing down my products much easier to make My Favorite Things list, I am listing the items that I keep purchasing to keep in my beauty rotation and routine.
Like I said, to make My Favorite Things list, these are products that I am constantly re-purchasing and use throughout the year. To make it even easier, I have divided my list into sections: makeup, skin care, body care, hair care, and nail care. These are tried and true beauty products that make my life both better and easier. Thus, I present to you My Favorite Things 2010.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - This concealer is such a beautiful fluid that blends effortlessly onto my skin. It covers like a dream, wears all day with no creeping, creasing or caking, and looks beautiful wherever I apply it. I am using the shade NW15 right now for my pale winter skin, but I use NC 20 when I have my faux tan on.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation - Even though I do use different foundations throughout different times of the year, I always have Luminous Silk Foundation on hand for special events or occasions when I know I need to look my best. Other foundations have come close but have yet to replace this newer favorite of mine.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencil - This eye pencil has become a staple in my routine and I now own 7 different shades to suit every eye look. The pencil applies evenly with ease, so much so, and with so much everyday practice, I think I could get a perfect line with my eyes closed. The color blends out easily for a smoky look or stays fine if I wish, and lasts all day.
- Dior Diorshow Brow Styler - I keep coming back to this eye brow pencil as nothing perfects my brows and looks more natural than this pencil. The universal shade is perfection, and I can fill in, fill out or thicken my brows as needed.
- Lancôme Définicils Precious Cells Mascara - I do not know exactly how much more nourished or better my eye lashes are for using this mascara, but I do know that it gives me beautiful length, separation and fullness in just one coat, that it has become my favorite everyday wear mascara.
- Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - When I need full on, look like false lashes that are not, I use this mascara from Mally Beauty. It is a very thick mascara that takes some work to apply evenly, but with practice and patience, lashes are false looking and full on glamorous, but my own.
- Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine - I use a bronzer each and everyday of the year. It adds the perfect healthy look to my pale skin or enhances a faux glow in the summer. As I usually get shimmer from a blush or highlighter, I like a matte bronzer best, and this matte powder bronzer is perfection.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense - For the most true, highly pigmented colors, I have been more than pleased with every color choice I have made. I continually use #18 Pearly Beige and #32 Satin Soft Pink.
- MAC Lipglass - I am a lipgloss queen, and I never go wrong with the many MAC formulas that I have, but the original Tinted Lipglass is my all time favorite. I have loads of this on hand, but I am constantly re-purchasing Oh-Baby, C-Thru, Underage and Oyster Girl.
- CHANEL Glossimer - If MAC Lipglass is not on my lips, than it is probably CHANEL's best selling Glossimer lip gloss. The shine is thick and long-lasting, felling luxurious as it is applied. I have more than one tube of Maline, Mica, Wild Rose and Sunset Gold to make sure that I am never without.
- Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Brush - I swear that my skin looks so much better when use this every morning in the shower. It has made a such a difference in the cleanliness of my skin as it is simply more radiant. I use it with Purity (below) faithfully each day, and change the brush head every month.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple - This cleanser makes my list every year as it is the facial cleanser that I swear by. It removes every trace of dirt, oil, makeup with just a very small amount. I have yet to find another cleanser that works as quickly and effectively on my face, while keeping it soft and smooth
- Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser To remove eye makeup in the evening, I use this on a cotton square. It is extremely gentle to my eyes, makes my lashes feel great, and leaves behind no residue or oil - just fresh, clean skin.
- Clinique Comfort on Call - I use this thick, hydrating cream every night on my face, under a night cream or paired with a treatment. Nothing else comes close to calming my skin after the day or soothes it and locks in moisture like this cream.
- CHANEL Ultra Correction Line Repair Day Fluid - This has quickly become my day cream of choice. It is very light and smoothes out over my skin with ease. It has an SPF of 15, which is a must, and smells great. Since I have been using this and re-purchased my second bottle, I have noticed that my lines are really diminished, especially those around my mouth.
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - I depend on this toning and hydrating mask and use it at least once a week. It refreshes and uplifts not only my skin, but my whole outlook as my skin looks and feels fresher just after ten minutes.
- La Mer The Eye Balm Intense - This very moisturizing cream, that is light as air when it comes to a balm, instantly makes my eyes look brighter, more refreshed, with less lines and puffiness. I am addicted to this and probably use more than I really need to, but the results have spoken for themselves.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream - I use this eye cream every night as it soothes and locks in moisture around my eyes. Between this cream and the La Mer Eye Balm Intense, I think I have found the perfect combination for my sensitive and delicate eye area, while greatly reducing the lines and creepiness around my eyes.
- Murad Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel - I am on my second bottle of this gel and it has faded my freckles and age spots while helping to correct my hyper pigmentation. I know I will not rid of my discolorations without a prescription, but nothing has worked at fading more than this gel has. I use just a dab of it on my spots on both my face and hands every night.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment - This is the last thing to touch my skin before I go to bed every night. I apply a small dab of this yummy lip balm to the bottom center of my lip and use my finger to spread it over the rest of my lips. My lips are kept soft and smooth all night and keeps them perfectly kiss-able and ready for my lipsticks and gloss.
- Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter - As soon as my skin turned drier than ever this year, I was sent a small lab sample of this deliciously scented, whipped body cream. I quickly ordered two jars and have not stopped applying it to most of my body every day.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - I received a sample packet of this ultra rich cream with a Sephora order, and quickly picked up a "to go" sized tube to keep in my purse for my hands. Since then, I purchased two huge jars - one that sits on my nightstand and one kept by my tub in the bathroom. This thick cream, that absorbs instantly, hydrates the extra dry parts of my skin. I use it on my hands and feet, and quickly apply it to my legs just as I get out of the shower.
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel - Not only am I am in love with the soft, feminine, sweet with a hint of musk scent, but this shower gel makes my skin feel softer and clean after using.
- Clarins Delicious Self Tanning Cream - I use this weekly on my legs during the faux glow months. No other self-tanner has given me the rich, golden tan color I crave, spreads so easily, while lacking the usual self-tanner smell.
- Secret CLINICAL Strength Deodorant/Antiperspirant - Maybe an unusual "favorite", but I do buy this every six weeks or so and use it daily to keep my fresh and dry. The original light and fresh scent is my scent of choice.
- WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner - The concept of not "shampooing" was foreign to me until I tried this fabulous cleansing conditioner. I tried all of the varieties, and the Sweet Almond Mint is perfect for my fine, thin, color treated hair. Since using, I have literally hair that I have only had in my dreams until now.
- John Freida Root Awakening Strength Boosting Leave-In Spray - As soon as I take the towel off of my wet hair, I spray about 10 - 12 pumps of this wonderfully smelling leave-in conditioning spray on my hair. Since using, I have noticed that my hair is more manageable with much less fizz. In between hair cleaning, I mist another 10 - 12 sprays onto my hair, just to dampen and blow it out for a few seconds to look fresh again.
- MORROCCANOIL Original Oil Treatment - I use this as a deep conditioner of sorts just once a week. I apply about a quarter sized amount to wet hair and let my hair air dry. My hair is so much more manageable and frizzies are gone. I found that when I use it more often, my hair is almost weighed down or feels like I have a build up and need a good cleansing. But just using once a week, my results are perfect.
- Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up - I use the shade Medium Golden Blonde about every three weeks to lighten my dark roots and cover the grays that come in around my temples. The formula is easy to work with and spreads nicely with the included brush.
- Zoya Anchor - I use this as a base coat faithfully on my nails. It provides for a quick drying base that helps color adhere well and glide on over it smoothly and evenly.
- Zoya Armor - I also swear by Armor, as this is a fairly fast drying top coat. I apply one coat of this about five minutes after polish and then in about 20 minutes, my nails are polished and hardened to perfection. To make my color look and last longer, I apply this every two to three days.
Now it is your turn. Tell me what makes your beauty favorites list this year. I have three very special $100 Sephora gift cards that I will be giving away to three of you that list your favorites in the comments. Rules: Three readers will be randomly selected from all of the comments left on this post. These readers will each receive a $100 gift card for use at Sephora stores or online at Sephora.com worth $100.00 each. You must be at least 18 years old to enter and must have a United States mailing address. Please, only one entry per person. Please leave an email address with the comment where required (only we will see this and never share!) so that we can contact you. Giveaway entries must be received by January 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM EST. Three random winners will be chosen and notified by email on February 1st, and will have just 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.
Thank you for all of your entries! I have chosen the winners and want to congratulate Lori, Crystal and Gammy7. I had so much fun reading what your favorite beauties of 2010 were.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search.