Sample boxes of beauty seem to be all the rage. I hear people talking about them everywhere, and I am often asked my opinion. I thought I would share my very honest opinion of three different sample box services that I received over the past few months.
In case you are new to sample boxes, they are basically just that. They are boxes of sample beauty (mostly beauty) products, in which you subscribe to on a monthly basis. Every month, you get a new box for a subscription fee. The boxes contain a mix of beauty products, mostly sample sized.
Let's take a look at three of the most popular beauty sample boxes.
BIRCHBOX - $10.00/month
The Birchbox I received was the August edition, I believe. It was the smallest box in size, product and value, but also the smallest in price at just $10 a month, which includes the shipping.
- Color Club Professional Nail Lacquer in Disco Nap - This seems to be a very small .25 oz. sample size that is very separated in the bottle, no matter how much I shake it.
- Twistband - A pink ribbon, that seems to be made out of a very stretchy satin ribbon. I think it is made for the hair?
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash - This is a "not for individual sale" free sample size.
- Lulu Organics Hair Powder - A small free sample size of hair powder.
- Stila Sparkle Waterproof Eyeliner in Curacao - This was the only full size piece in the box. It retails for $22.00, so if it is useful for you, it makes this months Birchbox a great deal.
GLOSSYBOX - $21.00/month
The Glossybox I received was from June or July. It was considered the Summer Nights edition.
- Sebastian Color Ignite Shampoo & Conditioner - These are small 1.65 oz. and 1.7 oz. sizes.
- Alessandro Pedix Feet Heel Rescue Balm - This seems to be a free 1.0 fl oz. sample size.
- Blushed Fragrance Pouch - a free throw away fragranced towelette.
- Senna Lip Gloss Duo - A full size lip gloss duo in pretty coral shades.
- Figs & Rouge Balm - A full size balm that I am guessing can be used on dry body parts and maybe lips.
Yuzen - $26.00/month
The Yuzen box is an eco-friendly box that contains all eco-friendly, natural and organic products. This was the heaviest, and fullest box, but it is also the most expensive. This was the August box.
- Coola Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 - This was a full size facial sunscreen.
- TilVee Calendula & Comfry Healing Balm - For lips, wounds, and any body part that is dry. This was just a .28 oz. size, but it looks to be a full size product.
- Cowgirl Skincare Desert Recovery Cleanser -This is a 2 fl oz, which seems to be a large sample, or travel sized product.
- Organic India Teas - 4 tea bags in different flavors.
- Olomomo Nut Co. Chai Bliss Almonds - A sample package of nuts.
- Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Soap Bar - A full size bar of soap.
All in all, let's face it. You are paying for samples, many of which are free samples. Many of which are products you are not going to use, let alone be interested in. This was my case anyway. I guess you can tell I am not a huge fan of the subscription sample box services overall. I honestly rather save up a few monthly subscription fees and splurge on one great beauty item that I am lusting after.
What do you think? Are you a fan of the subscription sample boxes?
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.