It seems like MAC Cosmetics launches a new collection of makeup every other week! They might even do it more often than that come to think of it. They have so many new MAC products on tap for spring that even my head is spinning. Instead of just running down the entire MAC collection of their latest launches like I normally do, I thought I should simply share the best of their newest spring collections.
I've been trying quite a few of the new MAC products that have come out since the beginning of the year and have narrowed it down and these are really the must-haves! These products are the best 10 MAC Cosmetics products for spring.
1. MAC Eye Shadow X 9 Palette - From the Eyes on MAC Anniversary collection, there are six new nine pan palettes. I am really obsessed with the Amber Times Palette and highly recommend this one for those wanting a natural look with hints of gold. Buy it for $32 at Nordstrom as well as maccosmetics.com
2. MAC Matchmaster Shade Intelligence Compact - This compact foundation offers the most glorious light to medium coverage that looks so natural and beautiful on the skin. My skin just looks so even and flawless when wearing, yet so real. Buy it for $36 in department stores like Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. and maccosmetics.com.
3. MAC Lustre Drops - I've always been a fan of Lustre Drops and they usually launch in a summer collection, but I was thrilled to see them come out with Future MAC. I picked them up in Barbados Girl which is a rose gold. This is a liquid illuminator/bronzer that adds a beautiful soft sheen to the cheeks. Buy it for $21 at maccosmetics.com.
4. MAC Versicolour Stain - A longwearing lipgloss stain? Yes please! This one delivers on the longwear and feels nice on the lips. This gloss/stain hybrid has a jelly-like texture and feels comfortable on the lips as it lasts a good six hours with true color. Lips can start to feel dry the longer it wears (it even warns you of this on the website) so it is recommended to wear over MAC Prep + Prime Lip which I recommend. Buy it for $24 at maccosmetics.com or
5. MAC All The Right Angles Contour Palette - Let's face it, contouring is not going anywhere. Contouring the right way without "over-contouring" is the key. That means, you need the right product or contour palette and that is really what MAC's All the Right Angles collection is about. This one portable palette contains a finely tuned Cream Colour Base, plus a Sculpting and Shaping Powder in your perfect tone. Buy it for $40 at maccosmetics.com or Nordstrom.
6. MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow X 4 Nano-Nude - I love the MAC Mineralize shadow formula so when I saw the palettes in the Future MAC collection, I knew I had to have one and Nano-Nude is perfection. Featuring four beautiful nude baked shades, these look and feel so creamy rich on the lids and last! I just love the texture and the gold with pearl shade is the perfect accent for spring. Buy it for $46 at maccosmetics.com or Nordstrom.
7. MAC Modern Twist Kajal Liner - These kohl-like liners go the distance and are super easy to apply with their twist up barrel. This pencil glides on with ease and is one of the best waterliners that I've ever used. I like a lot of the shades, but Polar Ice (the white) is a must have for the waterline to open up the eyes. Buy it for $17 at maccosmetics.com as well as Macy's and Nordstrom.
8. MAC Studio Eye Gloss in Pearl Varnish - I was loving the glossy eye looks I saw on the runways at NYFW and this eye gloss from the Future MAC collection is the answer. This clear, balm-like eye shadow applies almost clear and leaves eyes with just the right amount of sparkle. It is gorgeous on the eye alone and very pretty OVER a powder eye shadow. Do not mistake this as an eye shadow base. Buy it for $22 at maccosmetics.com and counters in Nordstrom and Macy's.
9. MAC Studio Tech - So, this isn't a new product, but is is a favorite, espcially whenmy skin is dry like it has been. What is new about this fabulously innovative foundation is that it now comes in five new deep shades. If you've never tried Studio Tech, this foundation blends emollients and powder along with water so it feels nourishing on the skin but covers and lets skin breathe. Buy it for $33 at maccosmetics.com and at MAC counters in Macy's.
10. MAC Air of Style - MAC is obviously not known for fragrance so when they came out with this small collection, I had to run out and give it a whiff; I was very impressed. The scent is a sexy, floral with an unexpected blend. I love the pink packaging which also inspired four pink lipsticks that are coming soon! Buy it for $22 - $49.50, depending on size, at maccosmetics.com.