I have been obsessed with having good nails for as long as I can remember. I wish I could find my high school yearbook, because I am almost positive that I was voted *best nails* way back when. I can't even imagine the amount of time I have spent grooming my nails over the years; the filing, the massaging of cuticles, the painting. I regularly get manicures, but that doesn't stop me from still grooming them and changing colors in between.
In being so obsessed with my nails, I have definitely tried a lot of different nail products. These are my ten favorite manicure items that I use regularly.
1. CND SolarOil - I use this a few times a week on my cuticles. I've gone through countless bottles and I have found nothing better to nourish my nails and cuticles.
2. COVERGIRL Outlast Nail Gloss - This is my go-to nail polish when I am painting my own nails in between salon appointments. It lasts a food week with no chipping and the drugstore price can't be beat.
3. Cutex Nail Polish Remover - This is a staple that just works to remove polish and works fast.
4. Tweezerman Cuticle Clippers - I've owned the same pair for probably twenty years and they still clip the tiniest cuticle with precision.
5. Tweezerman Nail File - A great file is key. I don't ever clip or trim my nails and only gently file them when needed. These sturdy files do the job easily.
6. butter LONDON Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat - This is a great basecoat that fills in ridges and nail imperfections to smooth nails prior to nail polish application.
7. butter LONDON Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat - This fast drying top coat helps polish dry quick with a super shiny finish.
8. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream - No nail care routine is complete without a great hand cream. This one smells great and contains nourishing ingredients for nails too.
9. CND Shellac - This is my go-to nail color at the salon. I literally get three weeks of glossy wear out of this long wearing gel polish.
10. Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat - In between salon visits, and when I don't have on Shellac, I apply this as much as I can to strengthen my nails.