Wearing red lipstick is an instant mood booster and gets you noticed! But finding the right red lipstick can be intimidating.
When choosing a red lipstick, you need to take into account 3 things: color, texture, and opacity. If possible try on a few and determine what makes you feel best, but keep these following tips in mind.
- Blue reds look best on pale skin
- Neutral reds look good on most skin tones
- Orange based reds look better on tanned or darker skin
- Brick and deeper reds and burgundies look good on medium skins
- Darker and brighter pink based reds look great on pale to medium skins
Once you have the tone you want in your mind you can go about finding several variations in texture and opacity to suit every mood. Matte and full coverage lipsticks look sophisticated and sexy but can be applied with a finger to sheer them out and make them more of a stain, sheer lipsticks tend to be glossier and more youthful looking, and red glosses have more of a sexy vibe. Experiment with what you think suits your look best and don’t be afraid to try a lot of different reds before settling on one, or several.
I have several favorite red lipsticks that I have come across in my years of testing. Here are my top ten.
1. MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
2. COVERGIRL Lipperfection Lipcolor in Hot
3. Yves Saint Laurent Pure Colour Lipstick in Le Rouge
4. MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Intense in 42 Satin Vermillion Red
5. NARS Lipstick in Heatwave
6. BUXOM Full Bodied Lipstick in Rouge
7. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Le Rouge in Red Fatale
8. Bite Beauty VIB Rouge Creme Lipstick in VIB Rouge
9. MAC Lipstick in Russian Red
10. Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Fiery
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Beautiful Makeup Search.