I finally have my hands on the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Eye Palette and Lipsticks and as promised, I have photos and thoughts on the new makeup collection.
Teaming up with Disney for the movie that hits theaters later this month on May 27th, my first thoughts are that the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette is a must have, as are a lipstick or two. If you are a makeup collector or Disney fan, then you will want it all.
The collection includes the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Palette ($60) with 20 shades. The brand calls it a book of shadows, which comes housed in a pop-up palette. It's sort of crazy. It has a psychedelic pattern, which is quite whimsical, all very Tim Burton inspired. When you first lift the lid, there is a mirror with the phrase, "We're all mad here" stamped on it. You are presented with two doors to open and upon opening those, a fun butterfly pop-up is revealed. It's a fun, little added feature of the box. The shadows are actually inside a drawer below, which actually fully comes out, which is convenient. There is a double-ended eye shadow brush enclosed as well. There is no real rhyme or reason to the grouping of the shadows, but they range in finishes from matte, pearl, shimmer and sparkle.
Alice Through the Looking Glass shades:
- Looking Glass - Pale pink demi-matte
- Hatter - Vibrant green with tonal micro-sparkle
- Lily - Opal pink pearl
- Heads Will Roll - Vibrant turquoise with gold micro-sparkle
- Time - Black-navy satin with soft iridescent micro-sparkle
- Reflection - Soft peach matte
- Gone Mad - Aubergine with pink iridescent pearl
- Duchess - Peach with pink shift and micro-sparkle
- Bandersnatch - Deep teal matte
- Dream On - Metallic purple-silver
- Dormouse - Warm brown matte with floating gold micro-sparkle
- Paradox - Vibrant orange with gold pearl
- Kingdom - Copper-bronze pearl
- Salazen Grum - Metallic crimson
- Chronosphere Metallic deep bronze
- Metamorphosis - Vibrant periwinkle blue with micro-sparkle
- Cake Saturated - blue-pink with silver micro-shimmer
- Chessboard - Medium brown matte
- Royal Flush - Pale beige shimmer
- Mirror - Grey-taupe satin
There are some really nice must-have shades in the palette. While many of them are meant to create bold looks, which are great for the spring and summer season, there are some nice ones for more subtle looks. I've been playing with shades like Looking Glass, Lily, Duchess, Kingdom, Royal Flush and Mirror and Dream On. I am pretty much obsessed with Royal Flush, Mirror and Dream On for a sexy smoky eye. And Heads Will Roll is a gorgeous teal shade that I've been layering over my eyeliner (just at my lash line) to kick it up for a warm weather look.
I love the Urban Decay eye shadow formula too. The shadows are creamy soft, easy to apply and blend and they last the day without caking or creasing. The secret to the shadow formula is the brands Pigment Infusion System™ with their proprietary blend of ingredients. I can apply them with or without a primer and have them last the day. Of course I use Urban Decay Primer Potion which makes the colors pop and lay down even more smoothly.
There are also 5 Alice Through the Looking Glass Lipsticks ($18):
- Alice - Sheer nude with pink shift
- Mad Hatter - Bright purple shimmer
- Mirana - Matte berry with tonal shimmer
- Iracebeth - Bright red matte
- Time - Gunmetal-navy with silver shimmer
You know I can get behind a nude lipstick any day of the week, and Alice is a really sheer nude that glides on lips beautifully. It doesn't have much pigment to it, but it has just the perfect amount of pink to it that lips shine. Iracebeth is a nice matte red and Mad Hatter is a really different purple. I honestly don't know who is going to wear the navy blue lipstick of Time but I do see how Mirana will work on very pale or very dark complexion, it's just not for me.
The Lipsticks come in a limited edition box and tube, which are again, in the matching psychedelic pattern. Currently they are all out of stock on the Urban Decay website so they are hot sellers!
Look for the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking Glass Collection now at urbandecay.com Ulta.com and Sephora.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.