In case you missed my news a few weeks ago, Urban Decay is celebrating twenty years as a beauty brand! On top of that mega UD XX - 20 Years of Beauty with an Edge vault, the brand has launched a really special limited edition collection Urban Decay XX Vice LTD Reloaded eyeshadow palette. This chic palette features 20 (XX) shades of eyeshadow that spans UD’s entire 20 (XX) year history making this a true must have for the Urban Decay fan.
Urban Decay XX Vice LTD Reloaded includes a few new shades and several cult favorites from past palettes. It includes some of the brands earlier shades like Midnight Cowboy (one of my all-time faves), Acid Rain and UV-B, to some of their best-sellers in their current line-up.
The complete rundown of shades:
- Suspend - Greige-brown matte
- Oil Slick - Black matte with silver micro-glitter
- Roadstripe - Iridescent white with blue-violet shift
- Gash - Metallic brick red
- Midnight Cowboy - Pink champagne with shimmer with silver glitter
- 501 - Deep metallic blue with copper micro-glitter
- Shallow - Pale taupe-silver satin
- Laced - Pinky-taupe matte
- Hot Pants - Pearly medium pink
- Mildew - Deep metallic green shimmer
- Smog - Deep coppery bronze shimmer
- Misdemeanor - Deep olive green matte with green micro-shimmer
- Freakshow - Bright purple satin
- Asphyxia - Hyacinth shimmer with blue shift
- Acid Rain - Pale yellow-green shimmer with green shift
- Moonflower - Metallic rose-gold with gold micro-shimmer
- UV-B - Bright blue with violet shift
- Goldmiine - Bright Metallic Gold
- Twice Baked - Rich brown satin with gold micro-glitter
- Anonymous - Pale peachy cream matte
My favorites in the palette are Midnight Cowboy, Suspend, Roadstripe, Oil Slick, Swallow, Laced, Smog, Misdemeanor, Asphyxia, Anonymous and Twice Baked. I'm actually getting more use out of this palette than I thought. The shades are truly representative of the brand.
I'm always been a big fan of the Urban Decay eyeshadow formula. They are creamy soft, easy to apply and blend and last the day without caking or creasing. The secret to the shadow formula is the brands Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients. I can apply them with or without a primer and have them last the day. Of course, I use a primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion, my favorite, which makes the colors pop and lay down even more smoothly.
Speaking of Urban Decay Primer Potion, The Ultra Violet Edge, Urban Decay's global initiative to empower women is marking its first anniversary. With your help, last year they donated $528,000 to a variety or organizations that support women, including Women's Global Empowerment Fund. Purchase the specially formulated Eyeshadow Primer Potion Enigma, where 100% of the purchase price is donated to women's empowerment nonprofits by The Ultraviolet Edge.