Kristen Bell made waves at this year’s MET Ball in New York City! To complement her form-fitting gown and smoky eye, celebrity stylist and Nexxus Creative Director Kevin Mancuso created soft, tousled waves for a red-hot, red-carpet look.
“She wanted a natural-looking hair style,” said Mancuso “so I created an elegant mixture of uneven and even waves. Combined with the perfect amount of subtle volume, the look was natural yet sultry.”
Follow Kevin's tips to get Kristen's look at home:
- Shampoo and condition hair with body building products to help give hair lift
- Apply a volumizing spray gel, like Nexxus Lavish Body, all over, with a heavier application at the root
- Blow-dry hair while using fingers to massage the scalp at the root to create lift and enhance the natural texture
- Once dry take a large round brush to round out the ends
- Use a curling iron randomly all over to create uneven waves
- Finger though a frizz taming lotion like, Nexxus Sleek Finish, to define and separate waves
- Finish with a light misting of hairspray, like Nexxus Comb Thru for a touchable hold.