Christina Hendricks, best known for her role as the sexy secretary Joan Harris in hit drama, Mad Men, rocked a Romona Keveza gown and bouncy curls courtesy of stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional at this years Golden Globe awards.
“Her dress had a rich vintage feel to it and this gorgeous accent on the shoulder that resembled a flower. Instead of putting her hair up, we opted to give it a modern twist and keep the hair bouncy and down,” says stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional. “This style is great for cocktail parties, or to dress up a look.”
To achieve Christina’s modern take on a vintage 70’s-inspired ‘do, follow Jen’s tips:
1. Begin by applying Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte at the roots on damp hair.
2. Next, blowdry the hair using a Mason Pearson brush with your head upside down. Once hair is 75 percent dry, flip your head back over and curl the ends under using a round brush.
3. Spray Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray all over the hair, and brush it thru to create a base to hold the waves.
4. Using a 1" curling iron, wrap 1" sections in a clockwise direction and pin the curls. Once the curls are set, let it cool for 15 minutes (cool for 5-10 minutes if you have thick hair).
5. Unpin the hair and brush out the curls using a boar bristle brush. Set the part and stretch out the bangs using a flat iron to get a smoother look toward the front of your face.
6. Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce hairspray.
For more information on Sebastian Professional please visit: www.sebastianprofessional.com.
About the author: A savvy beauty expert, Teri Cosenzi is the creator of beautifulmakeupsearch.com. As a busy Mom to four, she is committed to finding makeup and skincare that simply works and works well. For 12 years, she has brought the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty news, reviews and beauty tips to the web. Teri lives, dreams and blogs beauty!
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search. Subscribe to our newsletter!