Christina Hendricks, best known for her role as the sexy secretary Joan Harris in hit drama, Mad Men, rocked a Romona Keveza gown and bouncy curls courtesy of stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional at this years Golden Globe awards.
“Her dress had a rich vintage feel to it and this gorgeous accent on the shoulder that resembled a flower. Instead of putting her hair up, we opted to give it a modern twist and keep the hair bouncy and down,” says stylist Jen Atkin for Sebastian Professional. “This style is great for cocktail parties, or to dress up a look.”
To achieve Christina’s modern take on a vintage 70’s-inspired ‘do, follow Jen’s tips:
1. Begin by applying Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte at the roots on damp hair.
2. Next, blowdry the hair using a Mason Pearson brush with your head upside down. Once hair is 75 percent dry, flip your head back over and curl the ends under using a round brush.
3. Spray Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray all over the hair, and brush it thru to create a base to hold the waves.
4. Using a 1" curling iron, wrap 1" sections in a clockwise direction and pin the curls. Once the curls are set, let it cool for 15 minutes (cool for 5-10 minutes if you have thick hair).
5. Unpin the hair and brush out the curls using a boar bristle brush. Set the part and stretch out the bangs using a flat iron to get a smoother look toward the front of your face.
6. Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce hairspray.
For more information on Sebastian Professional please visit: www.sebastianprofessional.com.