John Frieda Global Creative Consultant Harry Josh styled Gisele Bundchen for the 2011 New York Met Ball.
While the tousled beach wave look has ruled the red carpet as of late, Harry Josh opted for a classic Old Hollywood-inspired style for Bundchen at the Met Ball this year.
Although Giselle's hair is already luminous and healthy, Josh began with John Frieda Full Repair Perfect Ends Sheer Mist before blow drying to protect her tresses from the heat and seal the cuticles for flawlessly shiny waves.
Josh started by blow drying Gisele’s hair, curling each piece carefully and setting it to keep the shape. The curls were then brushed out to create a soft and sleek wave throughout. John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer was used which weightlessly smoothes flyaways for a polished red carpet look.
“I wanted to go for a sleek, sophisticated style for Gisele this year. The Met Ball is fashions biggest night and I thought this was the perfect look to complement the evening. The John Frieda Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer will keep her photographer ready all night.”
Perfect Ends Sheer Mist: This softening mist for Fine-Textured Hair protects heat-damaged hair with omega-rich Inca Inchi oil. Spray evenly through clean, wet hair, concentrating on ends and damaged areas to weightlessly repair and promote smooth, healthy strands.
Touch-up Flyaway Tamer: This portable wand polishes broken strands, smoothing flyaways and frayed ends with Inca Inchi oil to keep hair sleek and smooth. Brush the wand over dry, styled hair for on-the-go touch-ups and a boost of shine.
For her makeup, Gisele turned to Rose Marie Swift, creator of RMS Beauty.
“We wanted Gisele to look naturally sophisticated, making the look more modern and not falling into a retro direction. It made the whole look beautiful and fashion forward with out being heavily made up. A perfect Gisele look.” - Rose-Marie Swift
For the eyes:
- Shu Uemura Mascara
- Shu Uemura Eyeshadow in a soft blue/grey
For the face:
- Rose-Marie used her own line - RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up #33 as a light foundation
- Un Cover-Up also took the place of a traditional blush, Rose-Marie used it as a contour
- RMS Beauty Living Luminizer delivered a striking glow to the skin. Since Gisele loves for her skin to shine, Rose-Marie also added the luminizer on her collar bone and shoulders
For the lips:
- Rose-Marie used RMS Beauty Lip & Skin Balm in Simply Vanilla for a natural shine and nude, natural lip color.
- She also used Chanel’s #34 Lip Definer