Claire Danes' hair was styled by Peter Butler (Artists by Timothy Priano) for Wella Professionals for her look at tonight's Golden Globe Awards. Her makeup was done with Laura Mercier Cosmetics.
Matin Maulawizada, Global Artistry Director and Brand Ambassador for Laura Mercier, explains how he created the nominee’s red carpet look – a modern take on classic
Old Hollywood Glamour.
• To ensure she looked flawless throughout the evening - from her early afternoon red carpet arrival to post-show after-parties, Matin prepped Claire’s face using the iconic Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, $30.
• Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Sunny Beige, $50, evened out her skin tone.
• Matin then lightly applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic, $38, to Claire’s cheekbones to enhance her natural glow.
• Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC3, $28, brightened darker tones under Claire’s eyes.
• The look was set with Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent, $34, a universal loose powder that creates a soft-focus effect on-camera.
• Claire’s vibrant, statement-making red lips were created with several layers of Laura Mercier Crème Lip Colour in Seduction, $22.
• Matin used Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Black Ebony, $22, to line Claire’s upper and lower rims, and finished the look with two coats of Laura Mercier Waterproof Mascara, $20.
For the hair, Claire Danes’ chic, modernly messy bun complimented her J. Mendel dress; a frock with a neckline that is very geometric with hard lines requires soft hair. Peter Butler mentioned that he was envisioning a modern Grace Kelly.
To create this look, Peter Butler blew out Claire’s hair with Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse. Once completely dry, he curled her hair with a large barrel curling iron for extra volume. Pull the hair back into a high pony and wrap the hair in a tight knot. This look was only secured with TWO hair pins!
Lastly, Peter combed back Claire’s hair with his fingers, coated with Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum for a soft sheen and a quick spritz of Wella Professionals Stay Essential hairspray for a hold that will last all night.