Va va voom is all I though when I saw Sophia Vergara at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. Celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams got her ready for the big night using products from COVERGIRL.
I wanted to do a brick red lip on Sofia – something a little deeper and more interesting than a classic red lip. Old Hollywood glamour is a trend for awards season, so Sofia and I did our own twist on the look!
I started by applying Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Tan (#860) all over and set it with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder in Medium. Then, I applied a light dusting of Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Brown Bronze and Cheekers Blush in Sierra Sands, a warm blush, on the apples of the cheeks.
I wanted to give the eye a wash of shadow, so I used only one shade, Eye Enhancers 1-Kit in Brown Smolder, and softly blended it over the entire lid. I applied LiqulineBlast Liner in Brown Blaze along the bottom lash line and extended it past the lash line to give a slight wing. I finished off the look with three coats of Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara on top to really emphasize the lashes, followed by one coat on the bottom.
On the lips, I applied Queen Collection Lipcolor in Into the Red straight from the tube, blotted and added another coat to make it last all night. I gave Sofia the lipstick to keep in her clutch so she could touch herself up throughout the night.
For her hair, Jen Atkin, CLEAR SCALP & HAIR THERAPY Celebrity Stylist opted for a sleek look. “For Sofia's look, I wanted to go off of her stunning Lorraine Schwartz floral jewelry that she was wearing. I also wanted to compliment her black dress and red lips,” said Atkin.
Follow Atkin's tips below to recreate the look:
1. Always start with the right foundation and that means a nourished scalp and hair. Rinse and condition with CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY Damage & Color shampoo and conditioner for strong, beautiful hair that can hold any style
2. Next, blow dry hair straight with a Mason Pearson brush to keep the hair smooth and sleek
3. Once dry, use a flat iron only on the ends of hair – and not at the root – in order to keep the fullness throughout
4. Then gently mist hair with a shine spray to add gorgeous shine but not weigh hair down
5. Finish with a spritz of hair spray to tame fly-aways and give a moveable hold
About the author: A savvy beauty expert, Teri Cosenzi is the creator of beautifulmakeupsearch.com. As a busy Mom to four, she is committed to finding makeup and skincare that simply works and works well. For 12 years, she has brought the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty news, reviews and beauty tips to the web. Teri lives, dreams and blogs beauty!
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search. Subscribe to our newsletter!