Va va voom is all I though when I saw Sophia Vergara at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards. Celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams got her ready for the big night using products from COVERGIRL.
I wanted to do a brick red lip on Sofia – something a little deeper and more interesting than a classic red lip. Old Hollywood glamour is a trend for awards season, so Sofia and I did our own twist on the look!
I started by applying Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Tan (#860) all over and set it with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder in Medium. Then, I applied a light dusting of Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Brown Bronze and Cheekers Blush in Sierra Sands, a warm blush, on the apples of the cheeks.
I wanted to give the eye a wash of shadow, so I used only one shade, Eye Enhancers 1-Kit in Brown Smolder, and softly blended it over the entire lid. I applied LiqulineBlast Liner in Brown Blaze along the bottom lash line and extended it past the lash line to give a slight wing. I finished off the look with three coats of Clump Crusher by LashBlast Mascara on top to really emphasize the lashes, followed by one coat on the bottom.
On the lips, I applied Queen Collection Lipcolor in Into the Red straight from the tube, blotted and added another coat to make it last all night. I gave Sofia the lipstick to keep in her clutch so she could touch herself up throughout the night.
For her hair, Jen Atkin, CLEAR SCALP & HAIR THERAPY Celebrity Stylist opted for a sleek look. “For Sofia's look, I wanted to go off of her stunning Lorraine Schwartz floral jewelry that she was wearing. I also wanted to compliment her black dress and red lips,” said Atkin.
Follow Atkin's tips below to recreate the look:
1. Always start with the right foundation and that means a nourished scalp and hair. Rinse and condition with CLEAR SCALP & HAIR BEAUTY THERAPY Damage & Color shampoo and conditioner for strong, beautiful hair that can hold any style
2. Next, blow dry hair straight with a Mason Pearson brush to keep the hair smooth and sleek
3. Once dry, use a flat iron only on the ends of hair – and not at the root – in order to keep the fullness throughout
4. Then gently mist hair with a shine spray to add gorgeous shine but not weigh hair down
5. Finish with a spritz of hair spray to tame fly-aways and give a moveable hold