Cate Blanchett's look was the best of the night in my book. From her Armani dress to her sophisticated updo to stunning makeup - she looked stunning! Her makeup was done by celebrity makeup artist Jeanine Lobell.
THE LOOK: Soft and Romantic
THE INSPIRATION: "We didn't want to do the expected red lip to go with her gorgeous Armani black gown," Said Lobell. "So we went the softer route. No harsh lines. Instead, I blended colors for dimension."
- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara - Jeanine piled on layers and layers to both the top and bottom lash line, combined with individual flares, to create dramatic lashes.
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow in Intuition and Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Emervielle - By blending the pinky-beige and goldy-beige shades and dusting them from the lid to the lash line, in addition to adding a pop of Emervielle to the lid, Jeanine was able to create dimension without using any liners.
- Nars Brow Shader and Brow Gel - Jeanine created a defined but not too harsh brow
- Nars Highlighting Blush in Satellite of Love
- Lancôme Translucence Mattifying Silky Press Powder Jeanine layered both powders in order to highlight Cate's defined cheekbones
- SK-II Facial Treatment Mask - Jeanine prepped Cate's skin with this while she was getting her nails done
- Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #502 Scarlatto and #509 Boudoir - Jeanine layered #509 Boudoir (a nude rose) on top of 502 #Scarlatto (a raspberry rose)
Her hair was Styled by Robert Vetica using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series
The Look: Sophisticated Underwrap Hairstyle with a Fresh Edge
Robert and Cate went for a timeless look – a style that was perfectly suited for one of the biggest award shows of the year. Inspired by Grace Kelly’s classic hair look, Cate knew they wanted to create a glamorous look from head to toe. Cate’s classic and captivating hairstyle is truly timeless and complements her Armani Couture black lace dress with a low back. To finish the look, Robert tucked her hair on the left side to showcase the gorgeous Chopard earrings.
Here’s how Robert created Cate’s look
1.First prep damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2.Create a low side part and then starting in the back, take a medium boar bristle round brush and blow dry hair down and away from the face, keeping hair flat. Apply a bit more mousse to the front of your hair to help shape your style while giving extra hold to your look.
3.Once hair is dry, spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair before curling it. Using a ¾ inch curling iron, take hair in the back of your head, separate into 2 inch sections and curl.
4.Once the curled hair has cooled, backcomb to create texture and roll hair up into an “underwrap” style, pinning the look into place. Once all the hair has been rolled and pinned, pull a few pieces of hair from the “underwrap” to create a natural look with a little texture.
5.To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock your look in place.