Makeup artist Jorjee Douglass for tarte cosmetics did the makeup for Zooey Deschanel at the 2014 Golden Globes.
Inspiration: “Zooey looks like a dream in her cream-colored dress, so I wanted to keep the eye very natural and clean, and make her lips pop.” –makeup artist Jorjee Douglass
- To prep Zooey’s face, Jorjee dabbed tarte’s maracuja oil into her skin.
- Next, she applied maracuja creaseless concealer in light underneath her eyes to erase any darkness.
- To even her skin tone, she smoothed BB tinted 12-hour primer in light all over.
- For a gorgeous, natural-looking flush, she dabbed the cheek stain in tipsy over the apples of her cheeks, then followed with Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in tipsy for an extra punch of color.
- She set her complexion with Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To create a clean, fluttery eye, Jorjee used the be MATTEnificent colored clay eye & cheek palette. She started by smoothing “view from the taupe” up into her creases. Then she lightly blended “bronze horizon” from the sultry sunset Amazonian clay palette over top. To create soft lash definition, she lined her eyes with “don’t stand black” from the be MATTEnificent colored clay eye & cheek palette on her lower lashlines.
- Next, she coated her lashes with two layers of gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- She finished by defining her eyebrows with Amazonian clay waterproof brow mousse in taupe.
- For a vibrant red, Jorjee mixed LipSurgence matte lip tint in fiery with LipSurgence power pigment in tipsy—the colors combined create a gorgeous pop-art hue.