Makeup artist, Heather Currie, created Modern Family star, Julie Bowen’s smoky eye and bronzed complexion for The Golden Globes—her secret was Colorescience Skin Bronzing Face Primer SPF 20 to add a sun-kissed glow and Colorescience Loose Mineral Eye Shadow to create a dramatic, gun metal eye to complement Julie’s teal dress.
· Heather started by prepping Julie’s skin with Colorescience Skin Bronzing Face Primer SPF 20 to add a subtle bronzed glow
· Applied Colorescience Sheer Crème Foundation using a damp makeup sponge—applying with a damp sponge thins the formula some so it goes on nice and sheer
· She set the foundation with a pressed mineral powder and then applied a shimmer bronzer on the cheek bones and areas where the sun naturally kisses skin, completing her complexion with a pink powder blush, focusing on the apples of her cheeks
· For the smoky eye she started by blending Colorescience Loose Mineral Eye Colore in Black Matte and Smoke Matte starting at the lash line and smudging with a flat eye shadow brush up through the crease area to build the eye
· Next she filled in the lid with a blend of Colorescience Loose Mineral Eye Colore in Silver Shimmer and a teal shadow with a round shadow brush to create a gun metal look, followed by a white shimmer shadow on the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye
· After applying concealer under the eye, she completed the look with Colorescience Mascara and lined the bottom of the eye with a blend of the silver and teal shadows
· Since the focus was on the eyes, Heather went with a pale lip—she applied a nude lip liner all over the lip to give it a nude look and help the lip color last longer, completing it with pink gloss