Jessica Biel wore darker hair and beautiful makeup at the Golden Globes last night. Her makeup look was created by CHANEL Celebrity Makeup Artist Kara Yoshimoto Bua. Celebrity stylist Davy Newkirk used Alterna Professional Haircare to create Jessica Biel's red carpet hairstyle.
Kara’s inspiration for the look was Jessica's coloring and her white gown. “I wanted to keep it simple and bright in the corals and neutral tones,” said Bua.
“I started Jessica’s look by applying CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Sable to her face, setting it with CHANEL Natural Finished Pressed Powder in Natural, and adding CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love to the cheeks for a healthy glow. I wanted to focus on popping the eyes with brown and taupe shades…I defined the eyes with the deep warm brown and taupe colors from the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Prelude, and applied the shimmery gold/champagne shades as highlights on the lid. I then added CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir on the top lashes and CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Brun on lower lashes for a more natural effect. And finished the look with the fresh looking Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Paradis. Healthy beautiful skin and warm corals on the cheeks and lips keeps the look so fresh!”
CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15 in Beige-Sable, $45.00
CHANEL Natural Finished Pressed Powder in Natural, $45.00
CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Prelude, $58.00
CHANEL Precision Eye Definer in Brun Cuivre, $29.00
CHANEL Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour in Paradis, $32.00
CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir, $30.00
CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara in Brun, $30.00
CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love, $43.00
CHANEL Precision Lip Definer in Peche, $29.00
Overall Inspiration: “We wanted Jessica’s hair to compliment the ‘bohemian luxury’ feel of her dress. I loved the idea of natural cascading waves against the backdrop of the dress’ backless silhouette. The overall look evokes a relaxed vibe while still remaining polished and sophisticated.”
Hair—Prep: “Jessica has a great head of hair, the texture is fine but she has a ton of it! I added extra volume and lift at the roots while maintaining the feather light feel.“
· Apply Alterna Bamboo Volume Weightless Whipped Mousse all over damp hair, and Alterna Bamboo Volume Uplifting Root Blast to the roots. Blow dry using a large round brush, this smoothes the cuticle to ensure a polished result.
· When hair is 95% dry give strands texture and wave with Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Touseled Texture Mist and then finish with a rough dry using your fingers.
Hair—Style: “While creating Jessica’s waves my goal was to keep the look youthful and modern.”
· Divide hair into 1” sections and create waves using a 1¼” curling iron. Alternate between wrapping and clamping sections to maintain the organic movement to the look.
· Apply Alterna Bamboo Style Moldable Texture Paste to hands and using your fingers comb through the curls, tousling the strands as you go.
· Mist hair with Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Humidity Hair Spray, the flexible hold formula will set the style, add healthy shine and lock out frizz.
· Smooth pieces around the face with Alterna Bamboo Style Moldable Texture Paste