Makeup artist, Heather Currie, created Modern Family star, Julie Bowen’s smoky eye and bronzed complexion for The Golden Globes—her secret was Colorescience Skin Bronzing Face Primer SPF 20 to add a sun-kissed glow and Colorescience Loose Mineral Eye Shadow to create a dramatic, gun metal eye to complement Julie’s teal dress.
· Heather started by prepping Julie’s skin with Colorescience Skin Bronzing Face Primer SPF 20 to add a subtle bronzed glow
· Applied Colorescience Sheer Crème Foundation using a damp makeup sponge—applying with a damp sponge thins the formula some so it goes on nice and sheer
· She set the foundation with a pressed mineral powder and then applied a shimmer bronzer on the cheek bones and areas where the sun naturally kisses skin, completing her complexion with a pink powder blush, focusing on the apples of her cheeks
· For the smoky eye she started by blending Colorescience Loose Mineral Eye Colore in Black Matte and Smoke Matte starting at the lash line and smudging with a flat eye shadow brush up through the crease area to build the eye
· Next she filled in the lid with a blend of Colorescience Loose Mineral Eye Colore in Silver Shimmer and a teal shadow with a round shadow brush to create a gun metal look, followed by a white shimmer shadow on the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye
· After applying concealer under the eye, she completed the look with Colorescience Mascara and lined the bottom of the eye with a blend of the silver and teal shadows
· Since the focus was on the eyes, Heather went with a pale lip—she applied a nude lip liner all over the lip to give it a nude look and help the lip color last longer, completing it with pink gloss
About the author: A savvy beauty expert, Teri Cosenzi is the creator of beautifulmakeupsearch.com. As a busy Mom to four, she is committed to finding makeup and skincare that simply works and works well. For 12 years, she has brought the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty news, reviews and beauty tips to the web. Teri lives, dreams and blogs beauty!
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search. Subscribe to our newsletter!