While I may have shared a lot of makeup and beauty tips over the years, I don't think I have ever shared my top beauty tips or hacks that I most often use. As it's a top ten day, I'm going to share the top makeup tips and tricks that I have learned and used over the years (some a very long time) that are real time, and in some cases, money savers.
My top ten makeup hacks:
2. Warm up your pencil eyeliner with a lighter. I’ve been doing this since high school! It turns the eyeliner into a gel-like formula and helps it apply and smudge easier too.
3. Make your own BB Cream! Mix an equal amount of your favorite moisturizer (with SPF of course) with your favorite liquid illuminator — about the size of a nickel of each will work. Then add about a pea-size amount of your favorite concealer to that. I swear by this in the summer months.
4. Use concealer in the center of your lips to make them appear fuller. Simply dot a bit of concealer in the center of your lips then blend it in with the warmth of your fingertip. Top with a pearl or nude lip gloss for a perfect plump pout.
6. Add a few drops of saline solution to mascara that is dry or clumpy to thin it out. Don’t mistake this for extending the life of your mascara — you still need to throw it away after three months — but this helps with drier or more clumpy formulas.
7. Forgot all those fancy contour tutorials! Simply apply bronzer in the shape of a number three (or a backwards three) on your forehead, cheekbones and jawline for an easy contoured look.
8. For a quick, smoky eye look, after you apply your shadow, use your ring finger to apply a dark shadow right at the upper and lower lash line. Smudge the lower lash line again with your finger. I almost always apply my shadow to my lower lash line with my finger and smudge; it’s so routine that it took me a few minutes to realize it was probably unconventional and a makeup hack.
9. Use a nude colored eyeliner on the inner rims of the eyes (otherwise known as your waterline) to open up the eyes and make eyes look larger.
10. Get an instant eye lift! Add a dab of liquid highlighter above the arch of your eyebrows and blend over the outer part of your brow - simple!