press sample, bought by me, affiliate links
I'm all about having the right makeup products in my bag. If there is one product that I suggest you change up each season that is a lip product — or three.
I can't resist a great new lip product. From lipsticks, gloss, tinted balms and crayons, there are plenty of great new products to pick from.
Here are some recent lip launches to look for when you are out shopping. Look for them then hone in on your favorite shade to be on trend and up to date for the summer season.
1. CHANEL Rouge Allure Ink Matte Liquid Lip Colour - With sixteen shades to choose from, these long wearing matte shades are wearable; I love the pink shades, which should be no surprise and how they last and wear throughout the day. There is one new limited edited shade in the summer collection named Eterea, which is a gorgeous nude pink, part of the Les Beiges collection.
2. Models Own Cheat Day Lip Glaze - This comes in three delectable shades that look good enough to eat. These shades actually offer full coverage in a unique formula that dries down to a matte metallic finish. They are a bit drying, so it is best to apply a bit of lip balm before applying.
4. Wander Beauty Lipsetter - Flirty in Fiji is the newest shade of this double-sided lip wonder. With one side offering a full-on pigmented lip crayon and a coordinating liner on the other, this is a great travel companion. I also recommend the shade Bahama Breeze.
5. Soap & Glory Peach Pout Completely Balmy Lipstick - This twist-up lipstick feels like a true lip balm and I'm obsessed with how it feels, smells and looks. It comes in three peach-tinted shades, all of which are perfect for summer.
6. the Balm Plump Your Pucker Lip Gloss - This lip gloss is not only full of tons of shine and pigment, each one is infused with the Balms proprietary formula. This formula was made to plum lips without burning or stinging the lips! My shade recommendations for summer include Overstate and Amplify.
7. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Lipstick – Les Chocolats Nude Collection - You get what you think with this chocolate infused and scented matte lip collection. These are nude based and perfect for the summer nude lip trend. My go-to is the shade called Candy Man, which is a pretty nude matte berry pink.
8. Pop Beauty Permanent Pout Matte Lip Paint - I need my lipcolor to go the distance in summer, and Pop Beauty's lip paint means business. These lip paints are non-drying and last all-day with their velvety matte look and feel. There are plenty of shades to choose from with their limited edition collaborations with beauty vloggers and experts. My favorite for summer is Sweet Harmony.
9. Soap & Glory Poutstanding Lip Contouring Crayon - This is a double-ended lip contouring crayon that can be used to line, shape and fill in. Each crayon contains two shades in coordinated colors. I like Front Page Nudes for the summer neutral look, or No Candy Do for a bright lip look alternative.
10. GrandeLips Plumping Liquid Lipstick - I have been obsessed with this liquid lipstick as soon as I tried it and I recommend it to everyone. It is a long-lasting plumping lipstick that gives lips visible volume. This liquid lipstick is offered in twelve shades.
For summer 2018, shades and finishes run the gamut. From metallics and mattes to glosses, which are back in a big way, you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. Just know that your makeup look is not complete without your lip look.
As far as summer colors go, nudes and neutrals are always on trend and this year, nudes and neutrals are bigger than ever this year. The summer season is when pops of color are fun to try, though. too. Don't be afraid to try a fun peach, apricot, orange bright pink or fuchsia shade of lipstick or gloss. I've been seeing a lot of gold colors with almost every summer collection, too. If you dare wear gold, try it on top of a bright lip color for a fun spin on the summer lip look.