I hope you didn't think that everything around here is always so rosy and perfect, because it is not. There are plenty of times I have gripes about products - mostly products in general.
I have jotted down things here and there that I really don't like about some beauty products, and I was thinking that I should let you in on my thoughts to see if you agree.
So - the Cosmetic Complaint Department is open. Here are my gripes - and be sure to list yours in the comments.
- I hate it when body and hair oils are packaged with no special orifice. I mean, I don't want to pour it out or squeeze it out all over myself. It gets my shower and floor all slippery too. When packaging an oil, why don't you use a spray top or a roll-on top applicator of some sort?
- Get rid of the teeny, tiny makeup brushes that come in products. They don't work, break, and just take up room in the compact. They are hardly ever used, perhaps by the makeup novice, so why don't you just do away with them for good?
- I loathe sample packets that never open where they are supposed to - or make that - open at all. So, I am in the shower and can't wait to try the latest shower gel or face mask, only to be all slippery and not being able to open said plastic package. Argh! Smart companies are making samples in great clamshell-like packages with twist off ends - so simple. Get with it everyone!
- Speaking of clamshells - I mostly hate them. The ones in the drugstore are the worst. You can never open the d*** things, and sometimes even break the product in trying to do so.
- Lipstick being labeled a lipstick when it is basically a lip balm and leaves nothing but a hint of color. Why not call it a balm, or a sheer tint or something. Not a lipstick! Because we makeup users expect a lipstick when we are sold a lipstick.
- I have no need for pushy sales associates at the beauty counters. Enough said!
Okay - enough from me. What are your cosmetic complaints?
Technorati Tags: beauty, cosmetics, makeup
Del.icio.us Tags: beauty, cosmetics, makeup