It is officially Summer. I am so excited that it is finally here. Except for the hotter than hot and humid days, I mostly love the Summer.
While outside enjoying the Summer fun, you must be sure to do one extra thing. Wear sunscreen. You are wearing sunscreen. Right? Every day? Not just on your face, I am talking on your whole body. Not only does it help prevent skin cancer, it protects you from the rays that make you look older, faster. If that is not reason enough, than I don't know what is.
Sun and Sunscreen tips:
- Use a sunscreen that is factor 15 or over for adequate protection from UV.
- Reapply sunscreen throughout the day.
- Go into the shade between 12 noon and 3pm, as this is when the sun is at it's most damaging.
- Don't binge tan (sunbathing for intense periods). A tan will build up gradually through normal sun exposure.
- Don't intentionally try to get burnt - a lot of young people believe that burning = tanning. But sunburn is not necessary for your skin to get a tan.