Thank you for sending in your beauty questions. Not only have I gotten them answered by some fabulous L'Oreal Paris Experts, I have learned some great tips and tricks myself.
One of the great gals that answered some of these questions is L'Oreal Paris Pro Makeup Artist and Estetician Diana. I thank her for her help.
- Which foundation is the longest wearing? L'Oreal Paris makes a long wear collection of makeup called Infallible Never Fail Makeup Collection. One of their foundations would work for you. The foundation is formulated to last up to 16 hours, so if you are looking for long-wear, that is definitely the way to go.
- What colored eyeliner will make really dark brown eye "pop"? Black eyeliner is always great, but purple will tend to make a brown colored eye "pop" even more.
- How can you help eyeliner stay in place all day, while looking fresh and bright, without using an eyeshadow primer? I have a few solutions for this one. One is to take a thin brush to apply the liner, even if it is from a pencil. Use the brush to fan out the line a bit as well, as it will sort of set it. A great tip, but this involves an extra step of priming, but without the primer. Take a small eyeshadow brush and dip it into contact lens solution. It does not matter which brand, it just needs to be sodium chloride based. Brush the wet solution over the entire eye area ad underneath as well. Let it dry for 3 -5 seconds, then go about applying your eyepencil. The last tip is to avoid heavier eye creams during the day, especially if you experience the problem of your eyeliner moving or disappearing.
- Should everyone us e powder to set their makeup? This is more of a matter of choice. While it is usually recommended for oily skin, it is also used to give a more matte finish and made uplook to the face.
- What is the longest lasting lipgloss from L'Oreal? Again it is from the Infallible line and it is a newer product. Try the Infallible Plumping Lipgloss and let me know how you like it.
- How many coats of mascara are safe for office wear? This is more of a personal preference, and it has a lot to do with your own lashes. One coat of a Bare Naturale Mascara will obviously give a different result than say your Voluminous. If you are trying to keep it classic and simple, one coat is suggested.
- Do you apply lipliner before or after lipstick to keep lipstick from bleeding? You can use a product to help with lipstick bleeding such as a product specifically made to prevent it or use a lipliner to help. L'Oreal Pairs has a great product that provides anti-feathering properties as well as Collagen. It is called Collagen Filler Lip, and this should be used prior to makeup application. You can also start by applying a concealer to the lips first, then your lipstick, and lightly line the lips after applying lipstick. L'Oreal Paris Infallible Lipstick stays in place and does not feather, so that might be a product to try as well.
- How can you truly cover something, such as a birthmark on the cheek, to make it invisible? You can use a very dense, full coverage product before applying foundation. Diana recommend L'Oreal Paris Infallible Concealer for great coverage,. You may have to touch up after you put on your foundatuon with another coat of the concealer, if it is still visible. Setting just that area with a bit of powder will help with staying power as well.
- What foundation is best for sensitive skin? All of the L'Oreal Paris foundations are hypoallergenic, so they are made not to irritate. WIth that said, Visible Lift does contain a Retinol agent, os it might be best to avoid that one if you are sesitive to Vitamin A products.
Skin Care Question
- Which skin care products are good for a 50 year old? The Age Perfect line is made specifically for older, dry and dull skin. This regimen contains cleansers, serums, moisturizers, as well as targeted creams to help with aging skin.
Hair Care Question
- Are there plans to expand the EverPure line of products? Right now there is not. There are three formulations of the EverPure line of products. They are moisture, smooth and volume. They are good for all hair types with the main point of the products is that they are sulfate-free. EverPure gently cleanses the hair, with great lather I might add, and is wonderful for color treated hair. If you are looking for more targeted products, you can always try the line of VivePro shampoo and conditioner line or the Studio Line, which contains highly targeted products for all of the hairs styling needs.