I'm always excited when bareMineral launches a new foundation; I consider the brand to be experts in the field of foundation. When I heard they were launching another powder foundation I will admit that I was skeptical. Being the pros that they are, I knew it would be good, but the fact that I am getting older and lines are becoming more prominent on my face means that I cannot just wear any ole' powder foundation. I will quickly say that my fears were immediately put to rest the second that I swept the new barePRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation over my face because this ultra-smooth foundation is so silky even with its natural matte finish that I can wear it.
The secret to bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation is the formula; it is made up of 90% Vitamins and Minerals that support a healthy complexion while you wear it. It simply feels like silk as I apply it. Lightweight silk, I should say, because it is extremely lightweight which is exceptional for a powder.
I am impressed with how it covers and glides over my lines and pores. bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation does NOT settle into lines, wrinkles or pores and seems to make pores disappear. It boasts a matte finish, but I would say that it is more of a natural finish. It does not look cakey whatsoever on the skin. The coverage on first application is light to medium, but is very buildable. I am using the bareMinerals Core Coverage Brush which helps make application seamless and gives skin an airbrushed look to it.
I feel like this foundation makes my skin looks brighter and more radiant as it gives me a rested look, which is pretty unique from a powder foundation perspective. I've been wearing it on and off for almost a week now and I keep going back to it. It is very long wearing and I've found it to be water resistant. I've worn it both with and without a primer and it holds up extremely well even without a primer. If you have a lot of larger pores or lines (like me), I would suggest applying your favorite makeup primer first. Here are my makeup primer suggestions.
bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation comes in 30 shades to cover most skin tones.
- Fair 01 cool undertones
- Dawn 02 cool neutral undertones
- Champagne 03 golden undertones
- Aspen 04 cool neutral undertones
- Sateen 05 cool undertones
- Cashmere 06 cool neutral undertones
- Warm Light 07 warm neutral undertones
- Golden Ivory 08 golden undertones
- Light Natural 09 cool neutral undertones
- Cool Beige 10 cool undertones
- Natural 11 cool neutral undertones
- Warm Natural 12 warm neutral undertones
- Golden Nude 13 golden undertones
- Silk 14 cool neutral undertones
- Sandalwood 15 golden undertones
- Sandstone 16 warm neutral undertones
- Camel 17 golden undertones
- Pecan 18 cool undertones
- Toffee 19 cool neutral undertones
- Honeycomb 20 golden undertones
- Sable 21 warm neutral undertones
- Teak 22 warm neutral undertones
- Cardamom 23 golden undertones
- Nutmeg 24 cool neutral undertones
- Hazelnut 25 warm neutral undertones
- Chai 26 golden undertones
- Cappuccino 27 golden undertones
- Clove 28 cool undertones
- Truffle 29 warm neutral undertones
- Cocoa 30 warm neutral undertones
Buy bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation for $30 at bareMinerals.com, Sephora, Ulta and Macy's.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.