When I first read about Tropical Taboo, I was super excited. You know I love MAC Summer Collections, and this mid-summer launch is simply beautiful. The Tropical Taboo collection is full of mineralize products that will have you glowing. With shades mostly in the pink and purple range, these beauties are hot, hot, hot.
Rio Mineralize Skinfinish is the perfect bronzer/highlighter shade for me. The bronze and pink shades look gorgeous on my lightly tanned skin, though it is too shimmery for all over my face. Caci loves this one. She has much darker skin than I do, and is obviously much younger and can wear shimmer. She dusts this over her cheekbones, chin, nose and forehead for the perfect and balanced glow.
Sweet Samba Mineralize Blush is another one that is gorgeous on a tan. It is a brighter pink, though not too bright even on my skin, mixed with golden bronze. It is definitely more of a blush than it looks in the pan, with a soft hint of golden glow to it when applied.
The Mineralize Eye Shadows are gorgeous, though heavy on the shimmer as well. I have three of the shadows; Caribbean with shades of pink, Dare to Bare with shades of lavender, cream and gold, and Tropica with shades of light silver blue and purple. They are so pretty, though I don't see myself wearing Caribbean. Too much pink on my eyes just make me look sick. Tropica is beautiful and it really surprised me. It looks great with a light pink highlighter and then this all over my lid. My favorite has to be Dare to Bare, and my daughter and I are fighting over this one. It is the prefect soft wash of creamy gold and lavender that will look great on everyone. I take a large fluffy eye shadow brush and apply it all over, from my brow bone all the way down to my lid.
For lips, I have Cremesheen Glass in Japanese Spring and Narcissus. They are light and bright lavender respectfully. For these, I like to layer them, with Narcissus (the brighter shade) on first. Line and fill in lips with the Heroine Lip Pencil, and lips will be even brighter and last longer.
The only Mineralize Rich Lipstick I received was Lady at Play. While it doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the items from the collection that I received, this color is perfect for me. Described as a cool tangerine, it is more of a pinky orange on me. I love the balm like feel and semi-gloss finish of Mineralize Rich.
The full collection:
Mineralize Skinfinish - $30.00
- Soft and Gentle - gilded peach bronze
- Adored - coral with light beige pearl
- Lust - pale pink with cranberry pearl
- Rio - bronze with bright pink pearl
- Gold Deposit - soft reflective golden bronze
Mineralize Eye Shadow - $21.00
- Dare to Bare - light cream with gold pearl (frost)
- Caribbean - rose with pink and red pearl (frost)
- Tropica - silver blue with purple (frost)
- Time to Tango - lavender with silver pearl (frost)
- Cha-Cha-Cha - deep blue green with green pearl (frost)
- Bossa Blue - royal blue with brown pearl (frost)
Mineralize Blush - $25.00
- Sweet Samba - dark pink with tan pearl (frost)
- Exotic Ember - orange with bronze pearl (frost)
- Simmer - burnt rose with peach/gold pearl (frost)
Mineralize Rich Lipstick - $22.00
- Luxe Naturale - light beige cream
- Divine Choice - mid-tone cool pink cream
- Lady at Play - mid-tone cool tangerine
- Glamour Era - mid-tone warm brown frost
- Midnight Mambo - intense violet
Cremesheen Glass - $20.00
- Calypso Beat - pale neutral peach
- Fever Isle - bright red coral
- Japanese Spring - pale dirty pink
- Narcissus - dirty eggplant
Lip Pencil - $15.00
- Hip ‘n’ Happy - dirty blue pink
- Have to Have It - soft warm beige
- Ablaze - bright apricot
- Heroine - bright purple
In Extreme Dimension Lash - $20.00
- Black Extreme - black
Kohl Power Eye Pencil - $16.00
- Feline - rich black
- Orpheus - intense black with gold pearl
MAC Tropical Taboo Collection is available now at all MAC locations and online at maccosmetics.com.