Sunscreen is a vital part of your daily routine. With melanoma rates on the rise, sunscreen with SPF of 15 or greater should be used each and everyday. While I can get away with an SPF 15 on days when I am not spending much time outdoors, I use much higher SPF rated sunscreen when outside or at the pool or beach. It is the easiest way to protect skin from the suns harmful, damaging rays.
I have been testing a lot of sunscreens for summer, and I am the first to admit that I am very picky about them. Out of all of the sunscreen I have tried, I can strongly recommend any of these 10. Here are my favorite top 10 sunscreens to protect skin this summer.
1. L'Oréal Paris Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Lotion SPF 50+ - $10.99
This is a hydrating, silky sheer formula that feels like I am not even wearing it when I am. It offers a high sun protection factor and is water resistant.
2. SkinCeuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 50 - $40.00
This marathon-runner-tested sport sunscreen provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and is specifically formulated for extreme conditions and active use.
3. Australian Gold Sheer Coverage Continuous Spray SPF 15 - $11.99
Formulated with unique InvisiDry technology, this leaves skin feeling smooth and clean and dries in seconds.
4. Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 Lightweight Foaming Lotion - $28.50
This unique air-mousse sunscreen smoothes and softens skin with advanced broad spectrum protection. It is easy to apply and dries fast.
5. AVON Sun+ SPF25 Sunscreen Lotion - $10.00
This lightweight, non-sticky lotion is formulated with Derma Plus technology and helps protect against UV rays with a water-resistant formula.
6. Bioelements Sun Diffusing Protector SPF 15 - $39.00
This lightweight broad-spectrum SPF 15 moisturizer provides protection from both UVA and UVB. It leaves skin soft and smooth with no greasy after-feel.
7. Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Lotion Sunscreen - $9.99
This lotion feels lightweight on my skin and absorbs really quick. It feels like a normal daily lotion but protects me all day long. It comes in SPF 30, 50 or 70.
8. Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum SPF 45 Sunscreen Targeted Protection Stick - $21.00
This sunscreen stick protects my extra fragile areas—eye-area, skin, lips, nose, ears, even scars. It twists up and protects all day. It is always in my handbag.
9. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 - $10.99
This water-light mist cools, instantly refreshes skin, while protecting it from the sun with a high SPF. It feels like nothing on the skin, except refreshed. I love this mid-day at the beach.
10. Aveeno Hydrosport Wet Skin Spray Sunscreen SPF 30 - $8.99
This spray on sunscreen lasts super long as it repels water and sweat . I like that it clings to skin even when wet.
Disclosure: Press samples provided for evaluation and testing. I am an AVEENO Ambassador. As part of that program, I am provided free product. All opinions are my own.