Sunscreen is an essential part of my daily routine. It took me a long time to realize that I needed to use sunscreen on my face everyday, and even longer to realize that I need to use it daily on my body too. I may skip it on my body in the winter, but in the summer, it is a must. While I can get away with an SPF 15 on days when I am not spending much time outdoors, I use much higher SPF rated sunscreen when outside or at the pool or beach. It is the best thing I can do to protect myself from the suns harmful, damaging rays. The sun ages skin more than anything else, not to mention that melanoma rates are extremely high. Sunscreen is vital.
I have been testing a lot of sunscreen for summer, and I am the first to admit that I am picky. Out of all of the sunscreen I have tried, I can strongly recommend any of these 10. Here are my favorite top 10 sunscreen to protect skin this summer.
1. L’Oréal Paris Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen SPF 50+ Lotion - $10.99
This is a hydrating, very sheer formula that feels like I am not even wearing it when I am. It offers a high sun protection factor and is water resistant.
2. SkinCeuticals Sport UV Defense SPF 50 - $40.00
This marathon-runner-tested sport sunscreen provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and is specifically formulated for extreme conditions and active use.
3. Australian Gold Sheer Coverage Continuous Spray SPF 15 - $11.99
Formulated with unique InvisiDry technology, this leaves skin feeling smooth and clean and dries in seconds.
4. Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 Lightweight Foaming Lotion - $28.50
This unique air-mousse sunscreen smoothes and softens skin with advanced broad spectrum protection. It is easy to apply and dries fast.
5. AVON Sun+ SPF25 Sunscreen Lotion - $10.00
This lightweight, non-sticky lotion is formulated with Derma Plus technology and helps protect against UV rays with a water-resistant formula.
6. Bioelements Sun Diffusing Protector SPF 15 - $39.00
This lightweight broad-spectrum SPF 15 moisturizer provides protection from both UVA and UVB. It leaves skin soft and smooth with no greasy after-feel.
7. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunscreen Sport Spray SPF 40 - $10.99
This revitalizing milky-spray lotion is non-greasy, quick-absorbing and water resistant for 80 minutes. A convenient spray nozzle makes application a breeze.
8. Clinique Sun Broad Spectrum SPF 45 Sunscreen Targeted Protection Stick - $21.00
This sunscreen stick protects my extra fragile areas—eye-area, skin, lips, nose, ears, even scars. It twists up and protects all day. It is always in my handbag.
9. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 - $10.99
This water-light mist cools, instantly refreshes skin, while protecting it from the sun with a high SPF. It feels like nothing on the skin, except refreshed. I love this mid-day at the beach.
10. B. Kamins Sun Defense SPF 30 - $36.00
The lightweight color-correcting formula is light-weight and fast absorbing. It evens out skin tone as it is applies, making it perfect alone on the face.