The school bells will be ringing soon and we have been busy in my house getting ready for back to school; my daughter is headed off to college. Back to school takes on a whole new meaning when it is college. There is so much prep involved. And the list of beauty items she will need to depend on is growing. We have weeded the list to necessities because I've been there and know better. Take a look at what top beauty items Caci is bringing with her to college.
1. & 2. Pantene Damage Detox Shampoo & Conditioner - Teenagers put their hair through a lot of over styling with heat, so it is damaged. A great shampoo and conditioner that repairs is key. This duo from Pantene will do just that while doing something so simple. With ingredients that actually help to rebuild the protective layer around fragile hair it's perfect for busy gals that normally wouldn't think twice about it.
3. AVEENO Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo - For those days when there is no time for shampooing, and let's face it, college students get lazy so that will be often, a good dry shampoo is a must. This is my favorite and Caci has gone through cans of this as well. Pure Renewal leaves a fresh scent with no residue - just fresh hair with volume that looks and feels clean until the next time you wash.
4. John Frieda Styling Tools by Conair Salon Shine Dryer - A compact, yet powerful hair dryer to get the job done fast is essential. This hair dryer is a smaller version of the best selling Salon Shine Dryer. It delivers an astonishing 1875 watts of power so hair is dried quick. Engineered with a high voltage ionic generator to guarantee a smooth, frizz free blowout and a ceramic titanium-coated grill for even heat distribution, it protects hair against damage and boosts body and shine.
5. John Frieda Styling Tools by Conair Satin Finish Flat Iron - For smooth, frizz free hair, Caci loves this flat iron with generously sized 1 1/2” inch plates. The larger plates allow for quick, easy straightening and are developed with a unique ceramic titanium coating which offers anti-bacterial benefits to keep hair healthy, shiny, and free of frizz.
6. Murad Pore Reform Starter Kit - This 4 piece set has everything skin needs to look bright, clear and beautiful with smaller pores to boot. With a Daily Cleansing Foam, T-Zone Pore Refining Serum, Balancing Moisturizer and Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes, skin will be restored to a healthy balance in no time. The ingredients help control excess oil and eliminate everyday impurities.
7. Waxelene Lip Tube - The petroleum jelly alternative, this all natural organic soy oil beeswax lip balm soothes dry chapped lips fast.
8. Neova BreakOut Control Swabs - These handy swabs are formulated with maximum strength 2% salicylic acid and calming botanicals to calm and clear acne spots. They are perfect for targeting pesky pimples so skin can be clear fast.
9. AVEENO Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes - These makeup removing wipes remove makeup quickly and efficiently while freshening up skin fast. They leave skin soft and radiant with a hint of moisture too. Caci loves the way her skin feels after using them; she says her skin doesn't feel stripped like many makeup removing wipes make skin feel.
10. Venus Embrace Razor - This is my favorite razor and my daughter Caci's too. The five curve hugging blades and ribbons of moisture that surround the blades for a smooth shave will keep skin soft and hair free in a cinch, especially when shower time will be cut short in the dorm.
11. Secret Deodorant - I have found Secret to be the most reliable deodorant ever, and Caci has recently become obsessed with the Destinations Collections scents. The antiperspirant/deodorant offers 48 hours of scented odor protection in scents reminiscent of destinations from around the world. No matter which Secret you choose, you are guaranteed odor and wetness protection and that is one thing a student needs to depend on.
12. AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Lotion - I've always loved how well this rich daily lotion has soothed and smoothed my dry skin, that it has become a staple in our home and everyone uses it. With five vital nutrients that are found in healthy skin already; proteins, anti-oxidants, enzymes, vitamins and lips, skin is naturally hydrated all day long. This is vital to get skin through dry dorm and classrooms.
13. 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye® Brand Contact Lenses - Clear vision is vital for everything and long days and nights studying means comfort is key as well. I have long depended on the ACUVUE® brand for my contact lenses and now Caci does too. A great lens for college students is the 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye Lens that features HYDRACLEAR® technology for all day comfort. What is really great is that you dispose of them every day so no cases or messy solutions are required.
14. Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Whitening & Enamel Strengthening Toothpaste - For a fresh, clean feeling and whiter teeth fast, we are liking this toothpaste in our house. Caci wants to carry that over into her college life so she is bringing this with her. With a combination of Baking Soda, Peroxide and Active Calcium, teeth look great while your mouth feels fresh.
The Mia Case
We all know how much a mobile phone is essential to everyone on the go, especially students, college or any grade. This Mia Case is a must have phone case for the iPhone 5 & 5s. This phone case actually doubles as a make-up case believe it or not. You can simply drop your own make-up pans right into the back of it with a little flip out storage and you are good to go. The Mia comes with a lightweight mirror on the inside cover plus a place for a snap-in applicator brush to complete the set. I also think it is perfect for holding things like your ID, keys, credit cards, etc. if you are not up to wanting to keep your makeup in it.
The Mia comes in Noire Black, Arctic White and Champagne Gold. It is for sale at miacase.com for $39.99.