Out of this world makeup is a thing for fall and if you are not on board with this trend I think you will be soon!
The newest entry into this makeup territory is the brand new (OUT TODAY!) Urban Decay Elements Eyeshadow Palette. It's a first for the brand, which is apparent just by looking at the shape of the palette.
I love how the Elements Palette mixes neutrals, jewel-tones, super sparkling shades and even transformer shades that UD is known for. Let's take a closer look at what's in Elements.
Wende Zomnir, the creative force behind the brand, said that she has a hard time settling on just one style or vibe when creating products and that is what inspired her to create this palette. She took different elements — earth, fire, water, and air — and created shades based on each element. It's very unique.
Elements Palette is a mashup of all of her influences; the elements above.
The Urban Decay Elements Eyeshadow Palette includes what Wende calls trippy transformer shades, which satisfies her Boho side, rich jewel-tones shadows that rock, sparkling pigments that you are going to want to play with all season long, and of course, workhorse neutrals that tie the palette together.
The Elements Eyeshadow Palette shades:
- SILVER BURN - smoky purple with pink iridescent sparkle
- ELECTRIC AIR - pinkish silver with iridescent micro-glitter
- TECTONIC - chocolate brown with iridescent micro-sparkle
- VOLCANIC - bronze metallic
- EARTH BOUND - forest green satin with tonal micro-shimmer
- HEX REMEDY - bright purple with iridescent sparkle
- FOOL’S GOLD - metallic gold with tonal sparkle
- ANTIDOTE - soft warm nude
- DREAM WEAVER - bright pink matte
- EGO - soft pinkish-purple with blue micro-shimmer
- FORTUNE TELLER - metallic pink-red with green 3-D sparkle and shift
- MOON ROCK - metallic copper with iridescent sparkle
- SECRET KEEPER - bright green satin with gold shift
- LUNA - white shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle
- LIONESS - smoky burgundy satin with bronze sparkle
- ELEMENTAL - sienna matte
- HEAVY WATER - bright metallic teal
- SAPPHIRE DREAM - bright navy blue metallic
- FIRE STARTER - deep red with gold micro-shimmer
This really is an out of this world palette, and when I first saw images of it I was a bit perplexed; it was not Urban Decay's usual style and it looked like too much of a mix-up of shades for me. I wondered if it was a palette that I would get a lot of use of. But then I got the Elements Palette in my hands and it was a better understanding for me.
Elements contain different sizes of shadows and it is very well thought out. I am not going to use the sparkling pigments as much as the jewel-tones or neutrals; I also use fewer pigments and that's why there is less included. Luna is the ultimate transformer shade and it is the largest shade in the center; I love mixing this with other shades.
Yes, the round shape is not the most travel-friendly, but I have the Born to Run Palette, which I have been using for that.
I am really into copper shades and Volcanic, Elemental with Antidote and Moon Rock are BEAUTIFUL!. The green shades though are giving me fall makeup vibes and I am accenting looks with both Earthbound and Secret Keeper left and right.
You can buy the Urban Decay Elements Eyeshadow Palette now for $52. Right now it's only available at urbandecay.com. I'll update if I find it available at other retailers, which I fully expect it to be, soon.