Even though summer has come early in the weather department here in the Northeast, I am always in the mood for a tropical vacation. The just out Zoya summer collection embodies an Island getaway and is all about the Island Fun in the Paradise Sun - which just so happens to be the names of this years collections.
Island Fun is the collection with six new creamy colors. They are bright shades, perfect for summer of course, that are made to remind you of a tropical getaway! I love that the bright colors hold bright and true even in the cream formula. It is one of the things that Zoya does best.
- Jace - Modern tropical green in a full coverage and densely pigmented cream formula. A green that is more muted than lime and surprisingly wearable!
- Cecilia - Classic teal in a full coverage and densely pigmented cream formula.
- Talia - True turquoise in full coverage and densely pigmented cream formula.
- Serenity - Summer purple in a full coverage and densely pigmented cream formula. Reminiscent of beautiful blooming irises, a harbinger of summer!
- Nana - Deep summer fuchsia in a full coverage and densely pigmented cream formula.
- Demetria - A vibrant poppy red in a full coverage and densely pigmented cream formula.
Paradise Sun is the metallic partner to Island Fun. The six new shades that make up the collection are full on color with a gorgeous micronized metallic sheen.
- Genesis - Crystalline white with a micronized metallic pearl finish. Designed to look like micro-fine diamond dust!
- Selene - True teal with a micronized metallic pearl finish. A unique shade with an aqua fleck that resembles deeper layers of ocean water.
- Oceane - True turquoise with a micronized metallic pearl finish that reflects the clearest blue ocean waters.
- Isa - Deep blue-based purple with a micronized metallic pearl finish and an aqua flash that embodies the beauty of exotic island flowers.
- Mae - Warm magenta pink with a micronized metallic pearl finish, reminiscent of vibrant Mediterranean flowers.
- Aphrodite - Vibrant summer red with a micronized pearl metallic finish and multi-hued flash that brings it to life.
I love mixing a cream and metallic by wearing a creamy shade with a metallic in a coordinating color or totally opposite shade on one nail as an accent. My favorite combination so far is with the teal shades using Cecilia and Selene on my ring finger.
Zoya nail polish is big5free, meaning it is made with no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, dibutyl phthalate, toluene or camphor.
Each nail lacquer sells for $9.00 in top salons, spas and on zoya.com.