press sample, bought by me, affiliate links
With the official launch of the fall season just a few days away, there are some things I am looking forward to— none of them have to do with pumpkin spice. I’m over that.
Though I do have a few pumpkin related skin treats that I look forward to pulling out this time of year, I have quite a few fall basics I love and regimens that I fall back into this time of year.
Here are 10 things that I am looking forward to this fall.
1. Warm Scents - Whether it’s starting my day in the shower with a favorite body wash like Philosophy Fresh Cream or spritzing on a warm scent like NARS’ new Audacious Fragrance, François Nars’ first-ever signature fragrance, I like adding just a touch of scent this time of year.
2. Layers - Cool mornings and warm afternoons means layers. To me, that means light sweaters in the latest animal prints, a tailored blazer over a white tee or my favorite moto jacket that I bring out this time of year. I’ll save the chunky sweaters for winter.
3. Deeper Shades of Lipstick - While I am normally more of a neutral lipstick wearing gal, I do like to reach for a deeper nude or deeper shade of lipstick every now and then. Fall is the perfect time to start pulling out the rich vibrant shades of lipstick like deep roses, berries and reds. The new NARS Iconic Lipstick Collection has a full range of lipsticks and even the nudes range in shades that run deep.
5. Smooth and Shiny Hair - With less humidity in the air, I like wearing my hair down more often and able to show off more smooth and shiny locks. I depend on hair masks like Moroccanoil Smoothing Mask to keep my hair frizz free and in optimal condition no matter what time of year but especially as we head into the fall season.
6. Leather Leggings - Those spanx faux leather leggings that sold out during the Nordstrom sale? Yeah. I bought them. They are back in stock and there are plenty of other leather legging options available now, too. There is no denying that black leather leggings (real or faux) are super trendy and hot for fall. I’m excited to be wearing them dressed up or down; the spanx version is super comfortable.
7. New Eyeshadow Palettes - I didn’t want to just say new fall makeup because that category is too broad; in the fall I get excited about new eyeshadow palettes. I like to turn it up in the fall and cooler weather months and my eyes are where I focus the attention. My first love is the new Urban Decay NAKED Honey Eyeshadow Palette, but there are a few more that I have been dipping my shadow brush into lately as well. Some of my favorite new eyeshadow palettes include Profusion Mirage Eyeshadow Palette, Lime Crime Venus Immortalis Pressed Powder Palette, ZOEVA Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette and ILIA The Necessary Eyeshadow Palette.
8. Nourishing Skin Care - I love breaking out the nourishing skin care this time of year because my skin craves moisture as soon as the temperature dips below 70 degrees. My skin is naturally dry and as soon as cooler weather is in place it become overly dry . I love moisturizers that are rich but not too heavy like IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream, Alastin Ultra Nourishing Moisturizer, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer and Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture.
9. Masks and Peels - I love a great sheet mask (apparent here) and rich masks that I can apply onto my skin and soak in the tub each Sunday night. Before I mask, I often use a peel to exfoliate my skin which I do more regularly in the fall and winter months so that I don’t ruin my (self) tan. I like using all sorts of peels ranging from the mild to pretty aggressive. Some of my favorite peels to use this time of year include The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ 25% AHA + 2% BHA Mask, Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Clinical Grade Resurfacing Liquid Peel and Peter Thomas Roth Pro Strength Exfoliating Super Peel.
10. Cozy Socks - My feet seem to be the first thing that gets cold as the temps drop, so I stock up on cute and comfortable cozy socks. No matter if I am sitting at my desk or chillin’ on the couch, I keep warm with pair of cozy socks.