It is cold out there and the cold temperatures along with the wind coupled with the dry heat indoors takes a toll on the skin and hair. During the winter months, we need don't need to spend a lot of extra time pampering ourselves if we use the right products to get us through the season. Think of this as your beauty guide to get you through the rest of winter.
I have been using a lot of products this winter that have been a great help. These are 10 beauty items that are helping me get through the winter.
1. bliss Fabulous Drench 'n' Quench - This is a really unique cream-to-water moisturizer that uses what is called transformative hydrozome technology that instantly drenches the skin in hydration. It does so with over 10,000 marine micro-droplets to give skin the immediate hydration which leaves skin plumped up and looking and feeling super healthy. Buy it for $38 at blissworld.com.
2. Caudalie Make-up Removing Cleansing Oil - This extra gentle oil cleanses the skin without stripping away natural moisture. The hydrating formula combines natural ingredients to soothe and hydrate the skin while it removes makeup, dirt and oil. I love how soft and hydrated my skin feels right after washing. Buy it for $28 at caudalie.com and Sephora.
3. Dove Advanced Hair Series Serum-In-Oil - This unique serum-in-oil instantly rescues dry, damaged winter hair. Just three or four pumps into freshly washed hair provides a ton of smoothness with it's potent formula. My hair is left super soft and shiny while still staying manageable. I also like using one pump into my dry hair to manage flyaway's and static which seem to be out of control this time of year too. Buy it for $5.99 at your favorite drugstore or mass retailer like Target, Walgreens or drugstore.com.
4. CHANEL La Solution 10 de Chanel - Skin is super sensitive during the winter, so a cream like this one with only 10 ingredients is perfect. Created in collaboration with Dermatologist Dr. Amy Wechsler, this cream was created with just the ingredients that would comfort the skin but are known to have a specific purpose and skin benefit too. At the heart of the formula is Silver Needle Tea which is super soothing on the skin. It is also a powerful anti-oxidant so it helps to regulate skin's response to irritants and protect it against free radicals. I loving smoothing this on anytime my skin feels raw (which is often in the winter) and it is instantly calmed. Buy it for $80 at Nordstrom.
5. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture - This rich, yet non-greasy, moisturizer is the ultimate for dry, dehydrated skin. It is clinically proven to lock in optimal moisture levels as it instantly soothes the skin. With a blend of collagen, shea butter, fruit and olive oils, skin is soft, smooth and instantly hydrated and plump. Buy it for $72 at murad.com, Nordstrom and Sephora.
6. MAKE UP FOR EVER Nourishing Primer - This primer adds a boost of hydration for extra dry skin. It does so while making skin more smooth and even while helping foundation hold better and longer. Buy it for $37 at Sephora.
7. SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 - This new intensive moisturizer is specifically formulated for really dry skin. It is made with the only proven ratio of natural lipids to help restore the external skin barrier and support skin’s natural repair functions. Made with the 2:4:2 that means it has 2% Ceramides, 4% Cholesterol, and 2% Fatty Acids, which are precisely formulated to refill the skin’s natural surface lipids to instantly and long-term improve the skins condition. Buy it for $125 at SkinCeuticals.com.
8. SK-II Mid-Day Essence - If you find your skin needing a a boost of hydration throughout the day, this spray is for you. This hydrating spray is designed to be used throughout the day or on-the-go to give skin a boost, anytime — even over makeup. I love the way it perks up the skin and really makes skin feels more comfortable when feeling tight and dry. Buy it for $80 at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdales.
9. L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Facial Oil - This oil has been saving my skin these last few weeks. It is super hydrating as the brands first facial oil with an SPF to boot. It's super lightweight as it absorbs into my skin almost immediately without leaving any greasy after-feel. Buy it for $19.99 at your favorite drugstore like CVS or Walgreens or mass retailer like Target.
10. Dr. Brandt Oxygen Facial Flash Recovery Mask - In just three minutes, this in-home luminizing mask helps lessen the look of dull, dry, fatigued skin that tend to plague us in the winter months. With a blend of ingredients that revitalize and freshen up, it also lessens the look of fine lines which is a great bonus. Buy it for $70 at Sephora.