press sample, affiliate links
COVERGIRL has made a major rebrand and with the rebrand has come a whole slew of makeup launches. Just in time for spring, these new makeup launches purely embody the new 'I am what I make up' tag line.
COVERGIRL says that they believe makeup is more than just cosmetic. I totally agree. "It's an enabler of personal transformation and self-expression." This was all inspiration for the new spring 2018 collection and it's a transformative and diverse collection that speaks to all beauty lovers.
I get it. We all want to be ourselves. From the beauty queen who wants to go all out glam when she takes a walk around the block or sits inside all day, or the natural beauty who just wants to even out her skin tone (or not). We don't need to apologize for what we want to be or how we want to wear our makeup.
I love the new COVERGIRL overhaul; I really love all of the new products. From glowing skin, bold brows and glossy lips, the spring 2018 makeup collection has something for everything. Here are 10 new makeup products from COVERGIRL that you need now.
1. COVERGIRL Vitalist Go Glow Luminizing Lotion - This is a lightweight moisturizer that delivers instantly radiant skin. It contains light-reflecting pigments that gives your skin a naturally luminous glow. It comes in two shades, Daybreak and Sunkissed. I have been mixing Sunkissed into my regular CC+ Cream for an added touch of radiance and a bit of bronzey glow. It's subtle, but beautiful. $8.99
2. COVERGIRL Melting Pout Glitz Top Coat - Say HELLO to glittery lips with these unique top coats. There are two shades to choose from Golden GIrl or Double Platinum and they are pretty self-descriptive. You can wear them alone for a ton high-watt sparkle or dab on a bit with your finger over lip color. I really like Golden Girl as a top coat and have been adding it on over pink shades to add a glittery touch. $6.99
3. COVERGIRL Katy Kat 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette - These two limited edition eye shadow palettes are definite must-haves. Just LOOK at them! Aren't they the cutest with the Katy Kat shaped shadow? Designed by COVERGIRL Katy Perry, each palette contains ten shades! Each shade is rich and has a silky feel to it. I was really happy with how pigmented these were. Each palette contains a variety of finishes. There is Hot Kat with warm shades or Cool Kat with cool shades. $9.99
4. COVERGIRL Lid Lock Up Eyeshadow Primer - By now you should know that the secret to long-lasting eye makeup is an additional eye makeup primer. Lid Lock Up is super easy to apply! Smooth it on over the lid before applying eye makeup to lock in your eye look until you remove it. This lid primer extends eye makeup and intensifies colors. When I use, my shadows never crease, smudge or fade. $7.99
5. COVERGIRL Look Lock Up Setting Mist - Insider secret: All makeup setting sprays are made by the same manufacturer. They all have the same base; each one may have a different delivery system or additional ingredients, but the base is the same. There is a patent on it! Why pay a premium when you can pay $9.99 and know that you are going to prevent your makeup from smudging or settling into fine lines? I like that this setting mist has a very fine spray. $9.99
6. COVERGIRL Katy Kat Lip Gloss - These highly pigmented lip glosses were actually created by the one and only Katy Perry! Each gloss wraps lips in hydration while it gives lips a ton of color and a ton of shine. They feel really creamy on the lips. I can't get over the packaging with the Katy Kat topper. There are 12 shades. White Catillac is a must-have to add as a glitter top coat. My favorite shade is Tabby Tease which is a pretty bright nude peach. $6.99
7. COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Glow Highlighter - This cream highlighter adds a sexy, shimmery glow wherever you want it. I like this on top of my cheekbones and brow bone and have even dabbed it on in the center of the bottom of my lip — so pretty. There are six shades to choose from in intensely luminous shades. I have been using Sunkissed and Candlelit the most. $8.99
8. COVERGIRL Peacock Flare Mascara - I am a big fan of COVERGIRL mascaras and this newer formula is another great addition to the lineup. The ergonomic handle of Peacock Flare helps to create thick, full-fanned lashes that have definition. It comes in a range of five black shades so you can pick how dramatic you want to go. $7.99
9. COVERGIRL Vitalist Healthy Powder - It is very hard to find a setting powder that doesn't settle into fine lines or cake up on the skin and Vitalist Healthy Powder is a great option that doesn't do either. What I really like is that it is offered in four easy-to-match shades and it actually helps to diffuse the look of fine lines and skin imperfections. It is not a drying powder either. I am hoping that they do expand the shade range because this powder is a really good one! This powder has replaced my $60 setting powder and that says a lot. $8.99
10. COVERGIRL Queen Collection Major Shade Liquid Matte Lipstick - These liquid lipsticks offer staying power! I love a long-lasting lipstick that can go from day to night but hate how it can ruin lips. This liquid lipstick is SUPER moisturizing and so creamy even though it dries down to a demi-matte finish. There are 12 shades to choose from, most of them bold shades. My favorite is Cake Walk, which is a dirty rosy nude shade. $8.99
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.