I am so thankful that I never really had a big acne problem. Maybe a pimple here or there, but nothing that I ever really stressed over. Watching my teenagers, though, I know how much they stress over the occasional pimple. And both my daughters and sons friends have come to me for advice when it comes to what it best for treating acne. What do I do? I usually have to go to a friends blog and search out for the answer. Not now. As us beauty insiders know best (well, except for me in the acne department), I can turn to this list of finalists to make my recommendations.
Here are this years finalists in the Acne Treatment category in the CEW Beauty Insider's Choice Awards.
FACIAL SKINCARE: Acne Treatment
- Aveda - Outer Peace Cooling Masque - A mask that is infused with high-performance plant extracts to instantly calm and soothe skin, while helping to unclog and reduce the appearance of pores.
- Avon Products, Inc. - Clearskin Professional Acne Treatment System - Not only professional in strength, this is a professional recommended product. With three of the hardest working acne fighting ingredients – Zinc Hexapeptide-11, Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid, these products are designed to work together. Included in this set is a Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub, Clarifying Toner Pads, and Daily Correcting Lotion.
- Clean & Clear - Advantage Blackhead Eraser Exfoliating Cleanser - This is a new handy device that comes with single-use pads. These pads are lightly textured and formulated with breakthrough oil-dissolving technology: ACELERA Complex and salicylic acid to banish blackheads. It’s ergonomic shape and slip-free grip make it easy to maneuver over blackhead prone areas.
- Kiehls Since 1851 - Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment - With a trio of Dioic Acid, Salicylic Acid and Lypo Hydroxy Acid, this cream not only clears up acne fast, it also can be used as a daily treatment to help fade acne marks over time. My daughter used this treatment three times and her little pimple all but disappeared.
- Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Fight & Fade Gel - Rapid Clear Fight & Fade Gel has a unique 2-in-1 formula that reduces breakouts in eight hours and fades the look of post-acne marks for clearer, more even-toned skin. Rapid it is!