Oh my - I don't think I have ever been excited about a new MAC collection than I am about this one. Why? Well, just as the name and title suggest, this is a collaboration between MAC and some pretty great beauty bloggers.
First, let me take you back to January of this year when about 80 bloggers, including myself, received an email asking us to submit for consideration, an idea for an eyeshadow and lipglass. After signing some agreements, it was onto some pretty heavy creative thinking. I can only speak for myself, but I had never been more excited about the possibility of having one of the biggest beauty giants make a product with me.
A few months later, ten lucky bloggers were contacted, and it was time to start planning the trip to Toronto and into the MAC facilities to make the dream blogger products. I was contacted and one of my products was going to be made! It was the opportunity of a lifetime. Not only to collaborate with MAC, but to meet some of the people who are knee deep in the development of the products. To tour the production facilities alone and to see my some of my favorite products come to life was almost enough for me. Again, this was an opportunity of a lifetime for a beauty blogger. Alas, this is where my bad luck, err, bad health comes in. Less than two weeks before the Toronto trip (which I was already PACKED FOR), I unfortunately had my lovely hospital stay and pretty much life-saving surgery. I cried as I typed my email to my MAC friends knowing that I would not be able to make the trip. Even two days after my surgery when I was feeling better than I had in months, I already knew the answer to my question that I just had to ask my doctor again, "Any chance I can fly to Toronto is five days?" He really tried not to laugh, but he did not understand. This was MAC, and I was going to live my dream! I know my health is the most important thing but I have been reviewing beauty products for over 10 years now, and this was so special to me - I had to ask.
I obviously did not make the trip, and becasue of that I was not able to participate. That was made very clear when I was told my product was selected, so I just had to sort of put it all out of my mind. I settled for living vicariously through my friends tweets about the trip. When I was reading that the labs smelled of vanilla, I was there! Really, I could not be more than thrilled for the nine beautiful beauty bloggers that did get to live their dream by creating their eyeshadow or lipglass and it is here (well, it will be on June 21st!). This is MAC Bloggers' Obsessions.
No one<3’s M∙A∙C more than a Beauty Blogger. To thank them for their passionate devotion & always honest feedback, we invited NINE of our favourites to our lab in Toronto to custom-create their own Eye Shadow or Lipglass. Exclusively online, just like the makeup-mad minds that created them.
EYE SHADOW - $14.50
Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle! - A deep rusty brown with champagne-colored sparkle
Beauty Blogging Junkie–Amber Katz
Jealousy Wakes - Seething emerald green with teal and gold pearl
Parisian Skies - A muted grey-blue
Lipstick Powder N Paint–Lesley Ellen Mirza
Hocus Pocus - Dark Sooty grey with silver pearl
The Makeup Girl–Lianne Farbes
LIPGLASS - $14.50
Evolution Revolution - A warm peachy pink with subtle purple, green and blue micro glitter
Makeup and Beauty Blog–Karen Monterichard
All Of My Purple Life - Deep purple/grape with subtle sparkle
Caqui - Persimmon orange
Beauty Maverick–Lily Nima
Sonoran Rain - Deep coral-red with gold and silver pearl
The Shades of U–Aileen De Los Angeles
Nitro:licious 2046 - Intense shiny red
I have had the honor to meet and even work with a few of these bloggers before. While all of the end products are incredible, I have to comment on a few of them. I know these girls, and I would expect nothing less than the products that they created. Each one fits them to a "t".
- First, Amber is so Valley of the Dolls, and her Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle! is HER! I cannot wait to try the dark rusty brown. This is a brown shade that anyone can pull off.
- Of course, Christine put so much thought into her color, a gorgeous spot on Emerald Green. Could we expect anything less from her? I don't know anyone who blogs more, swatches more, photographs or organizes anymore than Christine. Just reading her story on how it took multiple revisions to get the color just perfect is exactly what I would expect and I will be wearing her gorgeous green.
- Ellen created Parisian Skies. I have yet to read her inspiration about her creation, but I just know it will be fitting. Ellen was one of the very first beauty bloggers I met, after a MAC event ironically, some 4 or 5 years ago, and we bonded instantly. She is a sweetheart and I am longing to see her blue-gray eyeshadow in person. It is another very easy to wear shade that absolutely describes a Paris sky, doesn't it?
- Hocus Pocus is so fitting of Lianne. Not only is it the perfect shade for an easy magical smoky eye, Lianne pulls some tricks out of her hat everyday. She is a single Mom and that itself takes a lot of work and magic, if you will, to pull off. Hocus Pocus will be a favorite shade of mine, I'm sure.
- Patrice is one of the most passionate bloggers I have met and anyone who reads Afrobella knows her passion. She loves bright shades and has mentioned Purple on her blog numerous times, so her bright purple shade is very fitting. (Though I do not think anything can live up to her bright personality!) I am not sure I can pull off the Deep Purple, but you bet I will try!
I could not be more proud of these ladies and have teared up reading their inspirations and stories of making their products. I plan to support each and every one of them and hope you will too. Shop online for all of the beautiful blogger creations. Bloggers' Obsessions will be available online only at maccosmetics.com beginning June 21 for a limited time.