Where has the year gone? I cannot believe that 2011 is coming to a close already. I've tried a lot of lipstick, bronzers and skin care this year - amongst the hundreds of other beauty items. Ahh, the day in the life of a beauty blogger. Ha, ha! It is a privilege for me to get to try so many wonderful products over time. Every day I keep going back to some favorites. I think of them as stand-bys, but they are not. If they are used on my face and body more than a few times a week and have garnered space on my vanity, then they are truly some of my favorites.
Here are the products that take up space on my vanity as I use them more than any. These are my favorite things of 2011.
- Dior Diorshow Brow Styler - I keep coming back to this eye brow pencil as nothing perfects my brows and looks more natural than this pencil. The universal shade is perfection, and I can fill in, fill out or thicken my brows as needed.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - This concealer is such a beautiful fluid that blends effortlessly onto my skin. It covers like a dream, wears all day with no creeping, creasing or caking, and looks beautiful wherever I apply it. I am using the shade NW15 right now for my pale winter skin, but I use NC 20 when I have my faux tan on.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Foundation - Even though I do use different foundations throughout different times of the year, I always have Luminous Silk Foundation on hand for special events or occasions when I know I need to look my best. Other foundations have come close but have yet to replace this newer favorite of mine.
- Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine - I use a bronzer each and everyday of the year. It adds the perfect healthy look to my pale skin or enhances a faux glow in the summer. As I usually get shimmer from a blush or highlighter, I like a matte bronzer best, and this matte powder bronzer is perfection.
- Stila In the Light Palette - I just purchased this one for a second time. It has so many shades that I use on a daily basis. From a beautiful base shade, to the popular kitten that is perfect on the inner corners of the eyes, to a few deeper and darker shades with beautiful gold and bronzes in between, this palette has it all for me.
- COVERGIRL LashPerfection Mascara - For everyday, there is nothing better than Lash Perfection on my lashes. The results are always consistent - nice full, long lashes that are perfect for daytime.
- Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara - When I need full on, look like false lashes look, that are not, I use this mascara from Mally Beauty. It is a very thick mascara that takes some work to apply evenly, but with practice and patience, lashes are false looking and full on glamorous, but my own.
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection Lipcolor - I can't name just a single shade that is a fave, because I have about 11 or 12 of them in my rotation. Using this lipcolor has renewed my faith in lipstick that doesn't damage my lips (they actually feel better since I have been using it), that gives full on, long-lasting beautiful color. I think I do reach for Delish, Kiss, Rapture and Fairytale more than the others.
- MAC Lipglass - I am a lipgloss queen, and I never go wrong with the many MAC formulas that I have, but the original Tinted Lipglass is my all time favorite. I have loads of this on hand, but I am constantly re-purchasing Oh-Baby, C-Thru, Underage and Oyster Girl.
- CHANEL Glossimer - If MAC Lipglass is not on my lips, than it is probably CHANEL's best selling Glossimer lip gloss. The shine is thick and long-lasting, felling luxurious as it is applied. I have more than one tube of Maline, Mica, Wild Rose and Sunset Gold to make sure that I am never without.
- Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Brush - I swear that my skin looks so much better when use this every morning in the shower. It has made a such a difference in the cleanliness of my skin as it is simply more radiant. I use it with Purity (below) faithfully each day, and change the brush head every month.
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple - This cleanser makes my list every year as it is the facial cleanser that I swear by. It removes every trace of dirt, oil, makeup with just a very small amount. I have yet to find another cleanser that works as quickly and effectively on my face, while keeping it soft and smooth
- Talika Lash Conditioning Cleanser To remove eye makeup in the evening, I use this on a cotton square. It is extremely gentle to my eyes, makes my lashes feel great, and leaves behind no residue or oil - just fresh, clean skin.
- Clinique Comfort on Call - I use this thick, hydrating cream every night on my face, under a night cream or paired with a treatment. Nothing else comes close to calming my skin after the day or soothes it and locks in moisture like this cream. This has been discontinued which really hurt at first, but every time I am near a Cosmetics Company store, I pick up another jar so I will hopefully make it thorough a few more years with this skin savior.
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm - This eye cream does it all. It hydrates, decreases puffiness and plumps up lines until they are barely visible. This is my daytime eye cream and I am on my second jar this year.
- Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Eye Treatment - This eye cream is my go to night-time treatment, I think it has done more for me to help me wake up looking refreshed, even when I am not.
- Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum - I use this each and every night. I fell this has really helped to repair my skin by building up the collagen in my skin to help it appear more youthful and glowing. My lines seem to be more blurred when I wake up and that is it in a nutshell.
- SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Gel - This gel-like serum is the ultimate in skin protection, as it works hard with it's anti-oxidant properties to both protect and repair. My skin doesn't feel or look as good during the day when I do not use it, making this expensive step definitely worth it.
- Murad Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel - I am on my second bottle of this gel and it has faded my freckles and age spots while helping to correct my hyper pigmentation. I know I will not rid of my discolorations without a prescription, but nothing has worked at fading more than this gel has. I use just a dab of it on my spots on both my face and hands every night.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment - This is the last thing to touch my skin before I go to bed every night. I apply a small dab of this yummy lip balm to the bottom center of my lip and use my finger to spread it over the rest of my lips. My lips are kept soft and smooth all night and keeps them perfectly kiss-able and ready for my lipsticks and gloss.
***Notice that I do not have a daily moisturizer on this list. I have tried many, but keep changing it up on an almost daily basis as to how my skin feels. I guess you could say that I am still in search of the perfect daytime moisturizer. Hopefully I will find one and it can make my list next year.
- Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter - As soon as my skin turned drier than ever this year, I was sent a small lab sample of this deliciously scented, whipped body cream. I quickly ordered two jars and have not stopped applying it to most of my body every day.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - I received a sample packet of this ultra rich cream with a Sephora order, and quickly picked up a "to go" sized tube to keep in my purse for my hands. Since then, I purchased two huge jars - one that sits on my nightstand and one kept by my tub in the bathroom. This thick cream, that absorbs instantly, hydrates the extra dry parts of my skin. I use it on my hands and feet, and quickly apply it to my legs just as I get out of the shower.
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Shower Gel - Not only am I am in love with the soft, feminine, sweet with a hint of musk scent, but this shower gel makes my skin feel softer and clean after using.
- Clarins Delicious Self Tanning Cream - I use this weekly on my legs during the faux glow months. No other self-tanner has given me the rich, golden tan color I crave, spreads so easily, while lacking the usual self-tanner smell.
- Secret CLINICAL Strength Deodorant/Antiperspirant - Maybe an unusual "favorite", but I do buy this every six weeks or so and use it daily to keep my fresh and dry. The original light and fresh scent is my scent of choice.
- WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner - The concept of not "shampooing" was foreign to me until I tried this fabulous cleansing conditioner. I tried all of the varieties, and the Sweet Almond Mint is perfect for my fine, thin, color treated hair. Since using, I have literally hair that I have only had in my dreams until now.
- Oribe Maximista - After washing and towel drying my hair, I spray Maximista Thickening Spray at my roots and comb it through. This great smelling spray delivers both on the thickness and volume. As I blow-dry, I concentrate on lifting hair at the roots where I sprayed the product, and I watch as hair looks much more lifted and marvel at how it stays that way.
- MORROCCANOIL Original Oil Treatment - I use this as a deep conditioner of sorts just once a week. I apply about a quarter sized amount to wet hair and let my hair air dry. My hair is so much more manageable and frizzies are gone. I found that when I use it more often, my hair is almost weighed down or feels like I have a build up and need a good cleansing. But just using once a week, my results are perfect.
- Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up - I use the shade Medium Golden Blonde about every three weeks to lighten my dark roots and cover the grays that come in around my temples. The formula is easy to work with and spreads nicely with the included brush.
What is on your favorite list for 2011?
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information. Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search.
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search.